Chapter Twenty Two

JACKIE

It was a nice night. The stars are twinkling brightly in the night sky. The breeze of the night is touching my face lightly. It's a bit cold but I don't mind because I have my boyfriend beside me and the feel of his warm hand against mine.

Boyfriend.

The word stuck on my mind. Tiningnan ko ang lalaking naglalakad sa tabi ko. Naramdaman ko ang pagbilis ng tibok ng puso ko habang tinitingnan siya. Napangiti ako. My boyfriend. Mine. Jose Marie Viceral is finally my boyfriend. Who would have thought that I'd end up falling inlove with the great Vice Ganda? And him falling inlove with a simple dancer like me? Ang pangarap ko lang naman noon ay ang magawa ang pinakamamahal kong gawin at iyon ang pagsasayaw. Trials came and tragic events happened to my life but God is still good because He gave me a person like Vice. I feel like the luckiest girl alive just by being beside him.

Pero kahit na gaano pa ako kasaya ngayon, hindi ko pa rin mapigilan maramdaman na hindi ko siya deserve. My insecurities are once again killing me. He's too kind. Paano kung ma-disappoint ko siya? Paano kung masaktan ko ulit siya katulad ng nangyari dati? It scares me. And it's not only him that I'm scared to disappoint. Pumasok sa isip ko ang nangyari five months ago.

Flashback

I woke up and what happened the night before came crashing on my mind. Vice. Vice confessed to me. I don't know what to feel. I was shocked. Confused. And then his hurt expression flash to my mind. My heart clenched. I don't wanna hurt him but I just don't feel the same way..I don't know. I know he's special to me but I don't love him the way he loves me. He took me by surprise. I need time to think. I don't even know how to face him without remembering how I hurt him. I felt a tear fell from my eyes. Kahit na mabigat ang loob ko ay pinilit ko pa ring bumangon. I have to go to work but I was dreading the moment that I will see him. Papasok kaya siya? How will he treat me? I understand if he'll hate me for hurting him. But the thought of him hating me gave a pain in my heart.

Pumasok ako at lahat napansin na I'm acting strange at parang wala sa sarili. They're worried but I assured them that I was fine. Opening came and I was waiting for Vice to show up. But he didn't. The guilt doubled in my chest. Dahil ba sa nangyari kagabi? Dahil ba sinaktan ko siya? I can't help but to feel bad at myself. I hate myself. Three days passed and I just heard the news that Vice left. It felt like my world came crashing down hearing those news. Ayaw ko maniwala. Bakit siya aalis? I still need to apologize. So I went towards his house to see for myself. I knocked and the person who opened the door was the last person I expected to see.

"T-Tita." I stuttered seeing Vice's Mother on the other side of the door.

"Jackie?" She said, surprised evident in her voice when she recognized me. Then a warm smile appeared on her face.

"Oh wow. This is not the way I expected to meet you but come in hija." She said kindly and her kindness just added to my guilt. Why is she so nice to me? I hurt her son. Maybe she didn't know because I'm sure she'll not treat me nicely if she knew that I hurt her only son. Kahit na makapal na ang mukha ko sa pagpunta at pakikipag usap sa nanay ng taong sinaktan ko ay tinuloy ko pa rin ang ipinunta ko.

"S-Si Vice p-po Tita?" She look at me and she furrowed her brows.

"Hindi mo ba alam? He left three days ago."

Hindi ko na napigilan ang pagtulo ng mga luha ko. I heard her gasp and the next thing I felt is her comforting me.

"I'm sorry po tita." I said in between my sobs. She caressed my back while whispering for me to stop crying. I look up at her and she must have seen the guilt on my eyes because her eyes soften. I saw how understanding flash on her eyes.