12 - Twelve

Marinette groaned to herself. Why was Lila lying? She don't say a thing about meeting someone at the Eiffel tower.

That is, except if Lila was planning to do something. What if she was planning on kidnapping him? Or maybe even something worse.

I have to do something. Lila really could be the villain here. I'll be waiting for them at the Eiffel tower then.

She huffed in determination, and started racing towards the Eiffel tower.

-----

Adrien didn't really trust Lila. Why would she say that Marinette was waiting for him at the Eiffel tower.

But just in case, he decided to come. He didn't want to pass out on a chance of meeting Marinette.

He even rushed there, because he couldn't wait to see her. That is, if she was even there, like Lila said.

Finally he reached, and stopped. There on top, he noticed a figure, waiting there.

Maybe Lila wasn't actually lying.

He walked up to the person. He had on a wide smile when he noticed Marinette there.

"Marinette! What are you doing here?!" Another voice from behind yelled out loud, as if shocked and surprised.

Adrien looked back, only to see Lila. W-whats going on? Did Lila follow me? He tried to find the best reason as to what was happening, but he couldn't. So he waited for one of the girls to explain.

"Lila," Marinette smirked. "You told Adrien I wanted to meet him. Why do you look so shocked?"

Lila gritted her teeth. No way. How does Marinette know?! I didn't tell her anything. Except if she... Eavesdropped on us!

Lila let out an awkward laugh. "Marinette, I was just surprised because I didn't think you were going to show up. You see you aren't exactly the type of the girl that likes to meet up with others."

Adrien turned from one girl to turn other, confused. He finally turned to Lila. "Do you mind... Giving us some privacy please?"

"Of course!" Lila exclaimed. She started walking away from them. When they were no longer in sight, Lila took out her phone.

"Hello," The voice at the other end spoke. "Lila? Did the plan work?"

"No!" Lila yelled. "That brat, Marinette, just had to ruin everything!"

"But... Marinette is on our side," The voice exclaimed in shocked. "We took away her memories, there's no way she could go and ruin our plans."

"Well, she did. Even I can't believe it." Lila huffed. "The plan was going so well, Adrien actually believed me. Do you think... Do you think that Marinette knows?"

"Knows what?"

"Everything!" Lila exclaimed. "Do you think she knows we erased her memories? Do you think she knows our plan and she's already gone against us?"

"Well, if it's true, then you better bring her back!" The voice yelled angrily. "Marinette is the only way we can get those miraculous. She's the only way to success. You cannot let her go! You cannot let her get against us."

Lila took a second to think about it. Finally she spoke. "Yes, Hawk Moth."

--

"Marinette, I'm so glad you're okay." Marinette was pulled into a hug, which she found a bit uncomfortable, but also relaxing.

"Listen," She broke the hug and cleared her throat. "I listened to your conversation, and I can tell that Lila is up to no good! I feel that she did something."

"Whatever you say, Princess," Adrien smiled. "I'm just glad you're back."

"I'm not back!" She exclaimed, backing away. "I'm still against you guys, but this time I'm also against Lila."

Adrien nodded sadly. "So what's the plan?"

Marinette smirked. "I was waiting for you to ask. So listen up. This is what we're going to do!"