22 - Twenty Two

Chains flew everywhere. In the next second, Chat Noir was being tied up with chains. He had chains tying around both of his wrists, he had some chains around his body. As he tried, he couldn't move at all.

"You lied to me!" He yelled. He had never felt so betrayed in his life!

Marinette smirked. "They say you're smart, but to me you're an idiot. You know what, there's no way you would have known anyway." She started stepping towards him.

"Wait Marinette, you're making a huge mistake!" Chat Noir knew he wouldn't be able to convince her, but maybe trying to get her to realize that he was the good guy could work. Right now he just wanted to try everything he had in mind, knowing that he was about to lose.

"No, I'm not!" Marinette reached over for his hand, the hand where the ring was around one finger. "I've always dreamt of this moment, Chat Noir, and now I'm finally getting it. But I didn't lie to you about one thing though."

Chat Noir waited for her to say something else. He tried loving as well, but it was as if he was stuck on the ground, not being able to move an inch.

Marinette slowly reached for the finger the ring was on. "I'm not working for Lila either. I'm not working for anyone, but myself! J found out that Lila and Hawk Moth only want the miraculous for their selfishness, so I'm going to be selfish as well. I want the miraculous to myself!"

"Marinette, you should think about this!" Chat Need cried out. He tried to move his finger, but he knew this was the end of him.

"Oh, I already did. Took me so long, but I finally decided that this is what I wanted, and I'm getting it!" Marinette grimaced. "I'm not longer in Poor Hawk Moth's control anymore. I'm on my own!"

"Marinette?"

Marinette and Chat Noir turned to the voice, the voice belonging to Lila. The brunette started walking over towards them, but then stopped once she saw the situation Chat Noir was in.

"Marinette, you did it!" Lila cried out in happiness. "You were finally able to set a trap for Chat Noir. You finally got his miraculous!"

"No, she hasn't!" Chat Noir yelled out. "CATACLYSM!" The girls seemed to have forgotten that he had that power, but Marinette smirked anyways.

"Chat Noir, what are you going to do?" Marinette folded her arms. "As you can see, there are exactly five chains tied around you. Two are around your wrists, two are around you legs, and one is around your body. You can only use cataclysm once, therefore you can't be able to break all five chains because they're not together. You're defeated. Admit it!"

Chat Noir looked around at the chains, knowing Marinette was right. If he was to use cataclysm on one of the chains, that wasn't going to help him; he would still he stuck, and plus he would de-transform. Maybe he really should have thought this through.

Marinette sat down, Lila sitting beside her. "I'm just going to wait until your cataclysm dies down. Don't want to be touched," Marinette giggled. Maybe she really was the smartest girl in Paris.

His wrists were tied, but he was still able to move his hands though he really didn't find that helpful. Then he widened his eyes as a thought came to his head.

Using the hand that did have cataclysm (wait, does he have cataclysm on both hands? Well pretend that he doesn't), he reached for his baton. He could use his baton for help. No, he wasn't going to fight anyone.

He was simply just going to make a call.

~~~

Nathaniel was bored, so he was reading books. Fairy tail book. He held the flashlight on the page and read. As he read, he realized that basically ever romantic book had a curse, and for the way to break the curse was through a kiss.

Nathaniel rolled his eyes and tossed the book he was holding to the floor. He was tired, he wanted to sleep, but somehow he couldn't fall asleep. He was worrying so much. Right now he had basically lost hope that they were ever bringing Marinette back.

He grabbed another book and fixed his eyes on it. This time, it was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. He found all these books in the basement by the way. He would have been drawing like he always did, but a flashlight wasn't enough to see, and he couldn't turn his room light on, or else his parents would know he wasn't asleep.

Blah... Blah... Blah... He flipped the book to the end, read in how the princess got kissed to break the curse...again. He was beginning to wonder... Were they all living a fairy tale life right now?

Maybe... Maybe it's worth a try. Nathaniel wasn't sure on what he was thinking, but right now he would try anything to get Marinette back. He was so done with all these darkness.

Then his phone rang and he picked it up. Surprised that it was Chat Noir calling, Nathaniel picked up the phone. This was a chance to tell him.

"Chat Noir!" He yelled into the phone, not caring if Chat Noir had something to say to him. "A kiss! Try kissing her to see if it works!" Before he could say anymore, the phone hanged up.