17 - Seventeen

Lila walked up to Marinette, who looked like she was busy thinking. She waved her hand in front of Marinette to catch her attention. Finally Marinette looked up.

"Listen carefully," Lila spoke slowly. "I heard that Chat Noir would be roaming around Paris. Since you've got nothing to do for now, why don't you go look for him?"

Marinette stood up. "I guess I can do that. This time I'll try my best to get him to surrender!" Lila watched as she headed out, then she shook her head.

I knew you were stupid, but Marinette I never expected you to be fooled so easily! Lila smirked.

Marinette closed the door and started walking. It was a bit chilly outside, at least for now. She looked around and then started running.

Lila is obviously telling me lies. There's no way she would be able to carry me! And besides, when I got crashed by the car, why didn't she get crashed with me as well? After all, she was the one carrying me.

Ugh, Lila, I'll get you for this! But if Lila is telling lies, then does that mean Chat Noir was telling the truth? No, it can't be. After all he took my kwami and haven't given her back to me!

It was getting more colder the more she walked. She then sat down by the bench to rest, but then she felt something falling down on her face.Taking her palm down, she figured out it was the rain. She groaned as she went under the bench, in hopes it would at least keep her from getting wet. The next thing she knew, her eyes were closed.

---------

Marinette moved a little bit. She shifted her body to see what she was lying on, because her eyes were half opened, and she definitely knew she wasn't under the bench anymore.

Finally she sat up, and looked around, trying to figure out where she was. Giving up, she yawned, before she realized she was on a bed.

The doorknob started twisting, and it opened, revealing the one and only Adrien.

"Hey, you're awake."

Marinette backed away. "You... You kidnapped me!!"

"What?" Adrien frowned. "No, you were under a bench and I decided to...take you in."

"So then you did kidnap me!" Marinette growled. "How could you?!"

"What, no. You were asleep."

Marinette stopped, then rolled her eyes. "Then why didn't you just wake me up?!!"

Adrien cleared his throat. "Because if I did, you wouldn't want to come with me anymore. After all you hate me. You were sleeping under the bench, and you could have...caught a cold or something like that." 

"Well, tha- WHAT?!"

"What?" Adrien frowned.

Marinette slowly walked up to it- or she. She slowly  picked up the little red kwami that was laying helpless there.

"Marinette, before you say anything else... I've tried but I can't find what's wrong with her," Adrien quickly tried to explain. "Nothing is working no matter what I do to wake her u-"

"You're Chat Noir?"

"What?"

"Chat Noir was the one who took my kwami, not you, which means two things," Marinette held up to fingers. "One, Chat Noir gave you my kwami for some reason, or two, you're Chat Noir!"

"I- it's the first one."

"Hey Adrien, you got any more of those chees- huh?"

Marinette gritted her teeth. "And I'm guessing that's your kwami, Chat Noir."

Adrien sent a quick glare towards Plagg. "Well, I mean... Marinette, you were never supposed to find out."

"Why? You found out I was Ladybug. What difference does it make?!" Marinette yelled, in which Adrien tried to quiet it down. It was a good thing his father or anyone else weren't home.

"Listen, it's not like that. I..." Adrien tried to explain, but it was obvious Marinette wasn't going to listen.

"All these times... I can't believe it!" She headed for the door, Tikki with her. Adrien tried to stop her from leaving.

"Marinette, whatever and everything Lila is telling you is a lie!" Adrien grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the door. "I'm serious. She's a liar, not me!"

"I don't believe any of you!" Marinette yelled. "All these times you were Chat Noir! What were you trying to do?! Were you trying to get me on your side as Adrien, so it would be easy to take me down?!"

"I'm not trying to take you down! Lila is! I heard what she was telling you. Come on, her story is all a lie!"

"Like I said," Marinette reminded. "I don't believe her, but I don't believe you either!" And she left, banging the door behind her.

Then what do you want, Marinette?! Why don't you believe any of us?!