21 - Twenty One

Adrien woke up, getting up from his bed. For some amazing reason, he couldn't go to sleep, but he somehow felt that it was because he was still worrying about Marinette. Him and Nathaniel hadn't even come up with a proper plan, and the plans they came up with were trash, as they wouldn't work.

Adrien shook his head and walked around his room a few times, wanting to calm himself down. Then he walked over to his desk and sat down. Maybe if he focused his brain, he would get some ideas on what to do.

He went through ever single piece of paper that wee on his desk, and as he wanted to pick up his pen, he just couldn't. Finally his eyes landed on the small note. He would have just skipped over it, but this note had a letter 'M' on it. Picking it up, he slowly unfolded it and read;

Are you by any chance close to Chat Noir? If you are, can you send him to meet me at the Eiffel Tower? I have something very important to tell him, and I hope you can somehow help me out.

- M

Adrien gulped. He wasn't just close to Chat Noir, he was Chat Noir. He wanted to go, but he had no idea what Marinette had in store for him. He didn't want to risk it, but at the same time, he wanted to go and see her.

He groaned and threw himself on his bed, rolling all over it. He breathed in and out, wondering what to do at this moment. Should he call Nathaniel and get his opinion? Should he ask someone else? Should he just stay here and hope he wasn't making a mistake?

Adrien shook his head, and for a few minutes, he sat in silence, trying to clear his brain, trying to figure out what to do.

Finally, he stood up, and started waking Plagg up. He didn't want to risk it, but he wanted to see Marinette; see how she was doing. Maybe she really did have something important to say, and if he didn't go, he would miss it.

"Gah, what is it?!" Plagg slowly opened his eyes. "I'm sleeping for cheese's sake!"

"I got more Camembert for you," Adrien waved the cheese around Plagg's face. The kwami slowly rose up, and was about to bite into the cheese, but Adrien moved it away.

"Plagg, we have somewhere to go!" Adrien tossed the Camembert towards the kwami, and Plagg quickly opened his mouth wide, the cheese going in.

"Where? I'm all ready to go."

Adrien wasn't sure if he should tell Plagg about going to the Eiffel Tower to meet Marinette, so instead, he only told him about going to the Eiffel Tower. When Plagg asked why, he didn't answer this time.

"Plagg! Claws out!"

~~~

When he arrived at the Eiffel Tower, Marinette really was there waiting for him. It sort of made him confused, but being the brave kitty he was, he headed towards her.

Marinette turned around. "Chat Noir, you really came!" She looked surprised. "You know, I would have sent you a note instead of that Adrien kid, but I didn't exactly know where you lived."

Same guy, Marinette.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" Chat Noir made sure to stay at least 10 feet away from her. If she really was to try something, he would he quick to dodge it.

Marinette smiled widely. "It was all fake! I know you saw it! I know you saw me crying with Lila trying to make me feel better, and I know you know the reason why. Chat Noir, I was just fooling Lila."

Chat Noir widened his eyes. "No way, really?" He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Was Marinette really telling the truth.

Marinette nodded. "Yup, I wanted to make Lila believe that I was still on her side, so that she could he more opened with me and tell me some juicy secrets. But in reality, I will be working with you, Chat Noir."

Marinette was slowly walking towards him, and for some reason Chat Noir was walking backwards, as if he couldn't stand getting close to her. Some part of him believed her, some part of him wanted to believe her, and the rest part of him just didn't believe her at all.

"But there is one thing, Chat," Marinette the suddenly added. It was then that Chat Noir saw the smirk up on her face, and he then he knew this whole thing had all been fake.