19 - Nineteen

Marinette shakily walked outside. She almost fell, but she caught herself. She had a small headache, and didn't know where she was heading, but wherever Master Fu was, she had to find him.

"Come on, Tikki.. Wake up and tell me more. The name Master Fu isn't going to help me. I need more." Marinette was tired. Maybe gaining back her memories would help her.

But if Lila was really telling the truth, and her past had been horrible, then if she got her memories hack, she would be reminded of all the horrible things that happened.

No! Marinette, don't even think like that. Of course Lila is telling lies! Don't believe her!

And that's when she heard it. She heard voices, and she noticed one belonged to Chat Noir. Not really knowing what she was doing, she headed closer to the voices.

"Don't hurt her, Chat Noir! You're such a horrible person!"

Marinette widened her eyes when she realized it was Lila and Chat Noir.

"What do you mean?" Chat Noir smirked. "Soon, you're going to leave her, won't you? Just join me and let's torture her!"

"No!" Lila yelled. "Marinette is my friend. I'm not going to let you hurt her all over again!"

Marinette couldn't believe her ears.

"You've already hurt her before, you have already done too much damage," Lila continued. "Because of you, she got into that car accident. Because of you, she lost her memories. But maybe it isn't all a bad thing, because she was able to forget everything you did to her. Stop trying to get her by your side."

"Stop trying this... Stop trying that!" Chat Noir rolled her eyes, mimicking Lila's voice, and obviously failing at that. "Listen, I'm almost close. I'll get Marinette to be on my side, she'll believe me, and then I'll wreck her. Obviously I didn't get to do that in the first place, because you came along, but I'll do it now! I'll make sure she lives a small and painful life."

Marinette sniffed. She started running away, away from Lila and Chat Noir, away from everyone. Once she was alone, she let all the tears fall. She couldn't believe what she had just heard.

And to think that I actually almost believed him. So, Lila was actually telling the truth? I actually lost my memories because of Chat Noir. Chat Noir is actually trying to make my life horrible.

"Marinette!" Lila gasped for air and walked up to her. "Marinette... I saw you running off. Oh no, you were never supposed to hear that conversation. I'm so sorry."

"It's... It's okay," Marinette sniffed again. I can't believe it.

"Marinette, Pease don't hate me. I tried my best to protect you, but now Chat Noir has found out where you've been staying," Lila hugged her. "I tried, but now he's going to be coming after you. Marinette, it's best that you start your revenge soon!"

"I... I will!" Marinette glared at the ground. "I will... And this time I mean it!"

-----

"Have you found anything yet?" Nathaniel asked Adrien, who was beside him. Adrien shook his head.

Nathaniel groaned. "This is way harder than I thought. Marinette seriously didn't believe you?!"

Again Adrien shook his head. "I tried, but she's gotten Lila's words in her head. It will be way harder to get her in our side."

Nathaniel nodded. "Should we go look for her. You never know, maybe we might just run into her."

Adrien had his doubts, but he nodded and followed Nathaniel out the door.

"So, what should we do first?" Nathaniel put his hands in his pockets. "If we want Marinette to believe us, we have to prove to her that we're the good guys."

Adrien nodded. "Yeah, but how do we do that? -"

"Adrien, look!"

Adrien looked at where Nathaniel was pointing. "Is that... Is that Volpina?!"