16 - Sixteen

"So, any news on Marinette?" Adrien walked up to the group. The girls shook their heads as they typed away on their laptops and phones, trying to see if there were any news on Marinette or Ladybug.

Adrien walked up to the boys. Each of them all shook their heads, that is, except for one. Nathaniel was looking down, avoiding eye contact. He was clutching unto his phone, as if he didn't want anyone seeing what was on the screen.

"Is there any problems, Nath?" Adrien couldn't help noticing the way Nathaniel looked; scared and uncomfortable.

"I'm fine," Nathaniel just shrugged it off as if it was nothing.

Adrien got closer. "Do you have any news on Marinette?" He folded his arms as he waited for the redhead's answer. Just like everyone else, Nathaniel shook his head, looking the other way, but Adrien was suspicious of him.

The blonde boy started walking away. He looked back at Nathaniel, who was also looking at him, before he quickly peeled his eyes off of him. Adrien grumbled and walked off.

-----

It was the middle of the night. Things were going weird now for Adrien. His father hadn't been home for two days straight, or maybe he has, but had been in his room. Marinette?Ladybug hadn't come back either. Everyone were beginning to get scared, but some people in school were now putting the pieces together. Adrien had seen online on how people were asking each other if Marinette was Ladybug, since they both disappeared at the same time.

Adrien sighed and walked out of his room. Everyone were asleep, and he should be too, but he just couldn't. He couldn't fall asleep knowing Marinette was out there, without her memories and possibly in danger.

He walked downstairs and put on his sweater. Then he opened the front door and headed out, not sure where he was heading to. Maybe, he had his hopes up that maybe he would bump into Marinette.

He did bump into someone, and it was someone he hadn't expected. Nathaniel came running into him, both of them falling to the ground. Adrien noticed the redhead's phone had fallen to the ground as well, so he went to pick it up for him.

"Don't touch that!" Nathaniel swatted his hand away and picked up his phone.

"Nathaniel, what's going on?! Why are you out in the middle of the night?!"

"I should also be asking you that!" Nathaniel stood up. "You got something to tell me, Adrien?"

"What are you talking about?" Adrien frowned. "I think you have something to tell me, Nath!"

"Don't pretend that you're not like me!" Nathaniel yelled. "You've been secretly seeing Marinette, and you're not telling anyone. You're using us. You want us to find Marinette for you, you want us to find out what happened to her, and you? What have you been doing?!"

"Nath, I don't understand-"

"Don't pretend that you don't, Adrien! I saw you!" Nathaniel stepped back. "I saw you transform into Chat Noir, then you went and met up with Marinette!"

Adrien widened his eyes. "You..."

"You've known where Marinette is all this time, and you weren't telling anyone. How long did you plan to keep it a secret, Adrien?! And after that, I did more research. I spied on both you and Marinette, which means, Adrien, I know more about Marinette than you do!"

"Nathaniel!" Adrien couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had been focusing on Marinette that he hadn't bothered about his secret. "Please, don't tell anyone about me being Chat Noir."

"I wasn't planning on doing that, Adrien," Nathaniel sighed. "I want to find Marinette too, so that is why... I'm going to help you." Adrien heaved a huge sigh of relief as Nathaniel got out his phone. "I was spying on Marinette when I saw her with Lila. I felt very suspicious, so I started recording what they were saying. Here..." Nathaniel handed him the phone. "I think you should listen to this, Adrien."

Adrien took the phone and tapped play.