Round 1: We Are Many - @Wuckster

We Are Many

by Wuckster

We are many. We are one. We have seen what has become of this world, and who is responsible. We demand punishment. We demand repayment. We do not forget.

"Melvin! Pay attention!" The teacher's ruler crashed down on Melvin's desk, startling him out of his thoughts. "I'll repeat the question one more time. If Captain Zaxxon's star cruiser takes off from the Il'liguyz spaceport at a speed of 80 light years a kilosecond and Admiral Vi'un's grand cruiser leaves from the Oorso System at a speed of 34.9 light years per kilosecond where will they meet?"

"They'll meet in Hell," Melvin said as he ripped some of the little jagged pieces off the edge of his notebook.

"What did you say?" the teacher asked.

"You heard me, you Imperialist pig! They'll meet in Hell! And you'll be waiting there to meet them! When the Varellians rise up against their oppressors you'll be the first one against the wall!"

Moments later Melvin found himself in the principal's office where his bare bottom was on the receiving end of a vicious paddling.

"I sincerely hope that will teach you some respect, young man," Principal G'yqual said as he hung the paddle back on the wall next to his other instruments of corporal punishment. "Next time I see you in here, I'll use the lash. And if I see you a third time, I'll pull out the iron ball with the spikey things on it. You don't want the iron ball with the spikey things, do you?"

"No, sir," Melvin said as he stared at his shoes. Actually I'd like to have it to bash your stupid fucking face in, you miserable scum.

"Do you have anything else you'd like to say for yourself?"

"No, sir," Melvin said. Actually yes. I can't wait until the day I can piss all over your head as it rests impaled on a spike. That day is coming soon. Just you wait. You can't keep us down.

"Go home, young man, and think about what you've done. And don't let me see you in here again."

"Yes, sir," Melvin said as he pushed his glasses back up the bridge of his nose. Don't let me see you out in the streets or I will mess you up.

Melvin caught his reflection in a mirror on the wall as he stood up to leave. He tried to ruffle his hair a little so it would look cool and maybe a little dangerous, but it just flopped right back into the bowl shape that his mother insisted on cutting it in.

He sighed as he left school and began walking home. His ass felt like it was on fire from the whooping he had received and he had a feeling he wasn't going to be able to sit comfortably for a couple of days. Still, he was proud he had stood up for his principles. Kind of.

He paused on the bridge that spanned the River of Souls and looked outward. The sister planet Elhrrrr'r was just rising over the horizon, shining big and blue in the late afternoon sky. That was where they had sent all the Varellians after they had rounded them up in the Great Cleansing of '32.

"Stay strong, my brothers. We shall overcome." Melvin held a clenched fist to his chest and continued to watch as Elhrrrr'r slowly continued its ascent. Melvin had never been to Elhrrrr'r or even met a Varellian as they had all been shipped out fifteen years before he was born. He'd never even left the planet R'holl even though his father owned a fancy rocket ship that he liked to cruise around space in, but never invited Melvin along.