Round 2: The Rise of Caesarion - @Wuckster

The Rise of Caesarion

by Wuckster

"Mother," Caesarion said as he tiptoed into the room uncertainly.

"Hush," Cleopatra said as she tied the servant down to the table. "Can't you see Mummy's in the middle of something?"

"Yes, but Mother-"

"I said shut up!" Cleopatra said as she whirled around and smacked her son upside the head. "If you'd really like to help you can make sure my loyal faithful servant here doesn't move while Mummy tests out this magical elixir that your uncle Olympos obtained for her."

"What does it do?" Caesarion asked.

"It makes all of your sadness go away," Cleopatra said as she forced the liquid down her servant's throat. The servant let out an agonized scream and then blood began spewing out of both of her eyes, splattering Cleopatra and her son. This went on for several minutes before coming to an abrupt stop as the last vestige of life left the servant. "Hmm. That was messy and looked painful. So far the asp seems to be the most promising. Anyway, what was it you wished to see me about, light of my life?"

"The bad man is sitting on my throne," Caesarion said. "He said he wants to see you now."

"Very well," Cleopatra said as she snapped her fingers. Another servant ran up and patted her down with wet cloths so that most of the blood splatter was cleaned up.

"Mother?"

"Yes, my dearest sweetest most precious boy?"

"Why is that man on my throne? You said I could be the ruler of all of Egypt."

"And you shall be, sunshine. You shall be. Let Mummy speak with the bad man."

She marched into the throne room where Octavian sat lounging on the chair munching on grapes. She couldn't help but notice that her three youngest children were arranged in front of him on their knees.

"Ah, Cleopatra, my dear," Octavian said. "It's ever so kind of you to join us."
"Octavian," she said curtly in response.

"I'd offer you a seat, but I seem to be sitting in the only one in the room. You simply must invest in some more furniture. Anyway, I see no reason to beat around the bush here. Your loverboy Mark Antony is dead."

"Yes, I'm aware of that. I buried him in the tomb myself before your goon Gaius Proculeius escorted me back here."

"Stabbed himself in the stomach like a little bitch," Octavian said as he picked a little piece of grape skin out of his teeth with his fingernail. "So sad. Anyway, as you can see Alexandria is mine. As are the three little brats Antony squirted into you."

"If you harm them, I swear-"

"Now, now. There's no need for threats. Come on, we're all friends here. We've simply had a few minor disagreements over the years. Just trifling little things such as your marriage to Antony while there was the small matter that he was already married to my sister. Oh yes, and that time you tried to claim your nimrod son was the rightful heir to Caesar rather than yours truly. There may have been a few other petty squabbles, but really, who can be bothered to remember such trivialities? The point is, I like you. I have no wish to see you or your offspring come to harm. If you prove cooperative, I see no reason why your children shouldn't have bright futures. Even that moron Caesarion."

"What exactly do you mean by cooperative?" Cleopatra asked.

"Well, I don't want to get into details here, but perhaps I could take you back with me to Rome and march you through the streets in a celebration of my complete and utter victory over you."