Chapter 19: Dawn of the Tournament

"Fuuuuu~" Hani growned, causing an irked Fumiko to slowly open her eyes as she hadn't been wanting to wake up to her friends moans of pain. "Fuuuu~"

"What?" Fumiko asked iritably.

"Do you have any kind of spell or something that can get rid of hangovers?" Hani asked in a miserable tone. "Or maybe one for just headaches and nausea?"

"If I tried to get rid of your headache, then there's a possibility that you would disappear entirely, so no." Fumiko replied.

"The spell would really be that dangerous?" Hani asked in concern.

"Not normally, no. But it might mistake you for being the headache that I'm trying to remove." Fumiko answered.

"So mean!" Hani whined. "You're terrible, but you're so cute and cuddly at the same time..."

"One thing I am not is 'cuddly'." Fumiko harrumphed. "But if you're this noisy, then let's start the day. We can get some breakfast and maybe a bath will help you with your headache... It'll definitely help with the smell, at least..."

"You're being really mean this morning!" Hani cried while attempting to cover her head in her pillow before Fumiko reached out and put her hand over Haru so that the bird could rest... if it even needed to rest.

"Maybe so, but that doesn't change the fact that you need to clean yourself up or you'll go to the tournament while still in the middle of your hangover." Fumiko repied.

"Tournament?" Hani asked curiously before she suddenly opened her eyes widely and sat up quickly from her bed. "Ah, I forgot! The tournament!"

"Just how much of an airhead are you if you forgot already? Isn't it something that you were excited about that we only just signed up for yesterday?" Fumiko asked.

"Hey, you'll come and watch me, won't you?" Hani suddenly asked while apparently ignoring the previous question. "It'd be good to have a friend there..."

"I'll come to watch, so don't worry." Fumiko answered. "Besides, I've been wondering just how good of a fighter you are given how much stamina you had while running away from the saber cats."

"I wasn't running away, it was just a strategic retreat seeing as I had to save the other guy!" Hani replied before adopting a confused expression. "You know what, I can't even remember his name now..."

"Some savior you are." Fumiko teased. "Actually, I don't remember either of us ever asking him..."

"Hey, when you're as heroic as I am, you'll come to a point when you've saved so many people you couldn't possibly remember all of their names so there was no need to learn it!" Hani replied smugly.

"Ah yes, I'll never forget how you heroically sunk Buru into a river." Fumiko agreed.

"That was an accident!" Hani shouted slightly before wincing as she started holding her head.

"Come on. The sooner you get up, the sooner your head pain will go away." Fumiko persisted as she pulled the covers off of her friend. "I think..."

"Maybe I should have listened to you and not drank that last keg..." Hani slowly rose from the bed while scratching the back of her head with an expression of pain on her face.

"Just how much did you drink?!" Fumiko asked in shock, though she stopped when Hani flinched and held her hands over her hears.

"Please... no loud noises." Hani practically begged her.

"Fine, just... stay here, try to recover and I'll go and ask for some food and a bath for you." Fumiko grumbled before putting on her shoes, hat and satchel and heading towards the door.