Chapter 29: Reunion

"Well, I have to say that I didn't quite expect that, Ms. Fumiko." Tiez seemed friendly now before he hesitantly took a book for himself. "While your teachings seem strange, they also seem to be effective. So much so that I may have to look into them."

"From one teacher to another, I promise that everything that I've spoken here today is the truth." Fumiko promised. "But I'd be careful if I were you. Now that your class has learned how to cast spells, it's going to get lively from now on and you're going to have to find different ways to punish them because they might find ways to bypass the old ways with spells."

"I'll certainly take that into consideration." He slightly bowed as he replied. "But if I may be so bold, could I ask you to come in again? Your lesson certainly was interesting and I would be very glad if you had anything else to add."

"I'm sorry, but I'm only staying in Citadel for a few days at the most." Fumiko apologized. "I'll have some time tomorrow if you want me to come in again, though after that I won't be available."

"That's wonderful then, if you could please come tomorrow at noon!" Tiez agreed. "While it'll only be an hour, I'm certain that we'll be able to learn much from a Master of Magic such as yourself!"

"I'll be back tomorrow at noon then." Fumiko agreed. "Take care for the rest of the day, Mr. Tiez."

"You as well, Ms. Fumiko." The man replied rather formally before he put his new book underneath his arm and hurried out of the room with it.

"You just had to go and create something like that chalk stick in front of them, didn't you." Hani sighed as soon as he was gone. "But still, it impressed everyone enough so that they actually listened to you."

"It's a goal of mine to get Hail back on the right path while practicing magic." Fumiko repied. "Though it's certainly a long-term plan."

"Ms. Fu, your lesson was amazing!" one of who Fumiko guessed were Hani's little sisters smiled brightly as they approached. And even if they were roughly the same age as her, she seemed to be stuck with the 'Ms.' part of her name.

"Please just call me Fu while we're not in class." Fumiko replied before bowing slightly. "But before we get any further, my name is Kagome Fumiko and I'm a friend of your sister. It's nice to meet the both of you."

"My name is Nio Amber and it's nice to meet you too!" The one who had spoken before greeted in reply.

"Kae Amber-" The other sister began to say before she looked down at her feet shyly and began to mumble something.

"Guys, be good to Fu, alright? She's a good friend of mine as she's even saved my life a couple of times." Hani kneeled down and hugged her sisters while speaking. And now that she saw them all together, Fumiko could definitely tell that the three were sisters seeing as they looked alike. But while Hani was older, the younger two appeared to be twins with the only differences between them being Nio had ears that stood straight up like Hani's and Kae had ears that laid down on the sides of her head almost like a dog's would if they thought that they were in trouble.

"Okay." Both of them said at the same time before Nio ran forward and stopped while only a few inches away from Fumiko. "Hey, if you saved Big Sis', then you have to be strong, right? Wait, no, of course you're strong! You probably know a bunch of magic!"

"You said that magic can destroy cities and you also said that you're a Master of Magic." Kae added. "Does that mean that you can destroy cities?"

"I can but I'm not going too." Fumiko replied hesitantly. "Like I also said when I ended my lesson, magic should never be used to hurt someone unless you're either defending yourself or others."

"Says the girl that threatened to turn me into a toad if I didn't pay you back." Hani hummed to herself from behind her sisters.

"Oy, I'm a lost cause but that doesn't mean that the others are." Fumiko replied and Hani seemed to shrug as she accepted the reasoning.

"Alright, but now that we've been introduced, let's go find mom! We're having good food tonight!" Hani declared and both of her sisters cheered immediately. "Fu, you're staying with us while you're in Citadel, right?"

"Are you sure that I won't be a bother?" Fumiko asked uncertainty. "I can just go and find an inn if you-"

"Nonsense! You're my friend, so you're staying with me." Hani sounded like she wouldn't take no for an answer and Fumiko let out an amused sigh before she eventually followed the trio of beastkin out of the school and eventually out of the Alliance Quarter altogether before they arrived at another quarter that was nearly completely full of beastkin. And after stopping by a butcher shop, Hani left it while carrying a long slab of meat that was so large that she was forced to carry it over her shoulder before she continued. But while she'd been getting the meat for their dinner, Fumiko walked over to a nearby fruit stand and purchased two silver worth of several different kinds of fruit that she didn't recognize at all before following them while content that she would have a good dessert that night. Especially seeing as the lizard-man clerk of the stand had already opened several of the fruits for samples and she'd made sure to get only the sweetest of... whatever these were. And when she finally reunited with the others, Nio and Kae didn't seem to have slacked either as they each returned with a small basket of vegetables.

"Oh, Fumiko, you didn't have to buy those. I've already offered to pay!" Hani sounded worried as soon as she saw how much fruit the witch was carrying.

"Don't worry about it! I'm not exactly in desperate need of money, you know." Fumiko assured her, making the mercenary sigh before they all continued down the street until they eventually reached a general goods shop. Though, rather than purchasing anything there, Hani seemed to know the clerk.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but could you please come back tomorrow?! We're just closing up the shop!" A woman's voice called out from a backroom as soon as they entered the building, though Fumiko couldn't blame her seeing as the sun outside was just about to set and it was getting close to night time.

"Mom! I'm back!" Hani yelled, and it sounded like whoever the woman was in the back dropped whatever it was that she was carrying before a storm of soft footsteps rang throughout the building. And when they finally stopped a small woman with the same black and white ears as Hani ran out into the shop's main floor, panting sightly with wide eyes as she looked as if she were gazing at a spirit before a tear fell from her eye and she ran forward to hug Hani.

"Oh Hani, what were you thinking?! Why did you stop sending me letters?! Do you have any idea how worried I've been about you?!" Hani's mother cried as she buried her head in her daughter's stomach.

"Sorry mom." Hani replied softly while returning her mother's hug with her free arm, and after watching the reunion, Fumiko lowered her head so that her hat could hide her expression while hoping that no one would notice the pain she was feeling.

"You're so lucky, Hani..." Fumiko whispered softly to herself before attempting to shake the jealousy out of her as the two released their hug and she managed to recover in time to be introduced.