Chapter 33: Shady Merchants and Greedy Elves

Everything was set up perfectly. Buru was in position just like it had been in her vision, the black tent covering it was in position and all of her wares were more or less the same as well, and now the only thing to do was wait for the clock to finish counting down. However, in order to act like she belonged there and wasn't any more suspicious than a little girl with her face hidden by a black robe inside of a black tent already was, she needed to at least try to sell some of her terribly overpriced items.

"Come one, come all! Look and be amazed by the bobbles from a lost city that was only recently found!" Fumiko called out to everyone who was passing by her. Though seeing as this part wasn't in her vision, she was just lying seeing as she guessed that this was what most shady dealers did.

"Fu, lying to people in order to sell stuff is a crime." Hani suddenly appeared nearby, shocking Fumiko to the point where she waved her arms frantically to keep herself from falling over.

"Hani?! What are you-?! No! You shouldn't be here! Leave! Now!" Fumiko shooed her friend away.

"You want me to leave after I see you doing this?" Hani asked evenly. "I'd rather stay and make sure that you don't end up in the dungeons, thanks."

"Why is everything so expensive?! You'll never sell anything this way!" Nio asked as the twins appeared as well before they began browsing Fumiko's merchandise.

"Ahh! Why are all of you are here?!" Fumiko shrieked. "No! Please go away for now! I'll pack everything up and see you again in a few hours, I promise!"

"Nope. I'm going to sit right over here and make sure that you don't scam anyone." Hani replied stubbornly before Fumiko grew serious.

"Hani, you will take your sisters and leave before I use magic to make you." She threatened. "Please. This is really important for me."

"Well... I don't know. I don't like seeing you go down this path." Hani stated uncertainty.

"Then you leave me no choice." Fumiko sighed before turning to Nio and Kae. "Girls, I'll buy you another slab of meat like the one we had when we first met if you both get Hani out of here for a few hours."

"Really?!" Both girls looked at her with stars in their eyes before each one took one of Hani's arms and began dragging her away.

"Hey, Fu! This isn't magic!" Hani complained as her voice was grew farther and farther away.

"It is, Hani! It's the magic of money and persuasion!" Fumiko replied loudly before coughing into her hand as her friend disappeared and she resumed her role. It was just in time as well seeing as she started hearing a ticking sound before looking up to see that she was on the final minute of the clock's countdown. And once it finally ran out, she heard a somewhat loud ringing sound in the air before she stared intently at the temple doors. But while she'd been hoping that it wasn't true, Fumiko's spirits fell when someone soon exited the doors, revealing a short white robe and long silver hair. And as she saw the elf that had appeared in several of her visions already, Fumiko forced herself to think about what it meant later seeing as she had a job to do at the moment.

"Psst. Hey you." Fumiko said in a loud whisper, causing the already grumbling elf to pause on the path leading away from the temple as he looked at her before slowly walking in her direction as she beckoned him closer with her hand. "Come here. Come here."

"Do I know you?" The elf asked just like he had in her vision, and Fumiko steeled her resolve so that she could act accordingly as he looked at her wares and seemed to become angry as he crossed his arms. "Do you really expect to sell anything with prices like these? Three gold coins for a simple brush?! Are you kidding me?!"