Chapter 34: Farewell

"This was a bad idea..." Fumiko said out loud while struggling as the slab of meat that she was carrying was nearly as large as she was. And after straining through the first twenty feet, she eventually summoned Arashi again so that it could carry the meat for her before she led the way through the city towards Hani's home. Though on her way, she had to walk through a rough part of the beastkin quarter  where she was suddenly stopped by two rough looking men that would have put Algus's adventurers to shame in the thug department.

"Hey girlie, is that an artefact that I see?" A thin and wiry one asked.

"It's dangerous to walk around with stuff like that, you know. How about we take it off of your hands?" A fat one snickered after speaking.

"Don't scream and we might not even-"

"Shock." Fumiko muttered before continuing on past the screaming men, not even bothering to make sure that they were still okay after being electrocuted by her spell seeing as she wasn't in the mood to deal with those kinds of people at the moment. However, she would have to cheer up rather quickly as she eventually made her way to the correct door and knocked on it.

"Meat!" Nio yelled as soon as she threw open the door.

"No, my name is Fumiko." She couldn't help but laugh as she replied. And after being let into the house, the meat was taken from Arashi by Gona before Fumiko turned to see a sight she hadn't expected, that being Hani completely covered in ropes as the woman yelled pleadingly towards her through a gag.

"Uh..." Fumiko was left with her mouth agape as she looked at her friend.

"We did as promised and didn't let her near you!" Kae stated proudly.

"Meat!" Nio echoed.

"Kowai!" Fumiko shouted as she feared to think about what the two would be willing to do for a meat dinner, and this was even to their sister, so if she'd sent them after a stranger... "Uh... Well, I'm done now, so we should probably-"

"After dinner!" Nio countered.

"No, that's mean." Fumiko replied while putting her foot down, though she didn't know what she would do if they tried to tie her up as well. "She can join us."

"Fine..." The two seemed dejected before they moved to untie their sister and Gona smiled at all of them from the door of the kitchen.

"You seem to have quite a knack for handling those two." Gona laughed slightly. "I keep on getting complaints from their teachers at school because they're absolute terrors."

"It takes a terror to handle one, I guess." Fumiko laughed slightly as she replied.

"So how much money did you make?" Hani asked as soon as she was able to speak again.

"Not a single copper, though I did finish what I came to Citadel to do." Fumiko answered with an attempted smile, though she wasn't sure if she succeeded with it or not.

"Uh huh... And can you live with yourself after doing it?" Hani asked.

"Living with myself isn't a problem." Fumiko replied before thinking to herself. 'But living in general might be.'

"Well, I suppose as long as you didn't get arrested, all is well." Hani sighed.

"That still might happen seeing as I left two thugs on the ground convulsing on my way here." Fumiko stated. "That being said, I'm probably going to have to leave the city in a day or two anyway."

"You're leaving?" Kae asked from nearby.

"Hn. I need to get back to Algus." Fumiko confirmed.

"But you don't have to, right?" Hani asked. "The Adventurers Guild headquarters is in Citadel, so I'm sure that you can work here and we can always report your incident with the thugs to the guards. You're small enough that nobody will ever believe them."