Chapter 1, Take Me Away

So while thinking, I decided that this book wasn't gonna take place in the 1940s, it's kind of a retro vibe in this book. But I wanna keep the gangs the same. Greasers and Socs. But yeah, enjoy.

(y/n) - your name
(l/n) - last name
(n/n) - nickname

~•~•~

:=:Your POV:=:

Life works out in funny ways, one moment you're at the beach, having fun with your friends. Next, you're making sure a guy you don't even like, doesn't bleed to death after being shot.

But, let's start at the beginning of last summer...

Play song

~•~•~

I threw my duffle bag over my shoulder and got in my car;

"Let's go Lyla!" I shouted.
I put my sunglasses on and threw my bag in the back seat, and got up. Lyla jumped in next to me and threw her bag in the back as well.
"It's the last day of school, you really wanna be late?" I asked.
Lyla smiled at me and gestured towards her outfit, "Do you think Vlyad will like this?"

"Super cute, do you think Aaron will like this outfit?" I asked.

"Definitely, you look cute in everything you wear. Now let's get a move on!" Lyla said.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, I put the car in reverse and drove to school. Lyla played Cake by the Ocean from Pitch Perfect. Honestly, I love the song, and it's perfect for this occasion.

The last day of school!

I parked my car and got out, kids were signing yearbooks and telling their friends their summer plans. I smiled and looked at Lyla, "Just think, next year... We'll be seniors."
"Thank Irene, I can't stand high school," Lyla laughed.

We linked arms and walked up to our group of friends, who were standing by the water fountain. Aaron, Laurence, Garroth, Vlyad, Travis, Dante, Aphmau, Lucinda, Katelyn, KC, Kandi, Violet and Faith.

I unlinked from Lyla and went over to Aaron, who gave me a hug and kissed me.
"Hey babe," he smiled.
I smiled, "Hey."
"So, my parents are out of town for the weekend, and there's a party. Everyone's invited," Garroth informed.
"Even us?" A voice called.

We all turned to see the worst of the worst, The Greasers. The leader of said group, Gene, was overall the biggest pain in the ass. What sucks the most, is if your sibling is a greaser, because you aren't allowed to be seen with them. I looked and saw Dante turn away and leave with Travis.

"Go away, and no you're not invited. We don't want trash at the party," I glared.
Gene smirked, "Princess got spunk, I like that in a girl."
"Piss off Gene," Aaron said in a threatening voice.

I looked and saw Zane standing in the back, he looked out of place.

"You really wanna be around those people, Zane?" I asked.
He looked down a bit and didn't say a thing, but Gene sure as hell doesn't keep his mouth shut.
"Hey, leave our people alone, or we'll have problems," Gene glared.

Our group glared at their group, and then Gene just smirked, "See you around... Princess."
I glared as he walked away, his stupid little group following like lost puppies.

I sighed and turned back to the group, "So, when's this party?"

~•~•~

Music blasted from the Ro'meave's house backyard. There were girls in bikinis, couples making out and the smell of barbecue and beer was very potent. Especially the beer. It's tradition honestly, ever since we all met back when I was a freshman, we've had last day of school parties. Now that Garroth, Katelyn and Laurence are graduating, Lyla, Aphmau, and I are the last of the group to graduate. I know the parties will continue, even after all of us are graduated, but it makes me wonder... What won't continue after we graduate?

"(Y/n)!" Lyla shook me out of thoughts.
I shook my head and smiled at her, "Sorry, caught in my thoughts about what'll happen after we all graduate."
"Well, we've stayed friends this long, we will still be friends after we all graduate. I mean, we're having high school parties now, imagine all the college parties we'll have. Katelyn, Laurence and Garroth are one year ahead, we'll be joining them at FCU next year. The parties will be way better," Lyla smiled.

I smiled at her, when Laurence walked up to us. Who was clearly drunk. I kinda ignored him, knowing how his is around me when he's drunk.

I looked into the house and saw Zane walk through the front door, I snuck away and followed him.

"Hey," I leaned in his doorway.
He looked up at me but when back to his book, "You shouldn't be here..."
"Why? Because you're a 'greaser?' Zane, you're better with us. Your brother and family won't ignore you if you just leave them," I said.
Zane sighed and shut his book, he stood up, "You don't get it, even if I leave, I'll always be considered a traitor to my family, and to the Greasers, this isn't about me not wanting to be with the popular people, I will be a traitor to everyone."
I scoffed, "No Zane, this is about you, not appreciating what you have. You have a family! Your dad, your mom, your brothers! I don't even remember my parents, I haven't talked to my sister in years! And you have the nerve to feel sorry for yourself?"

Zane went quiet and I shook my head, "I can promise you this, if you leave the Greasers, I will convince the others to accept you. Being leader of the Socs, it has its perks."
Zane nodded, "You guys will protect me?"
I smiled, "Of course, you're my friend... Zane, I'll always protect you."

Zane smiled and we both went downstairs, everyone kinda looked at us but I explained the situation to them.
Garroth and Vlyad walked over and gave him a small hug, "Welcome back baby brother."
Zane smiled and we all continued with the party.

~•~•~

Okay! So, I was debating if I wanted to wait till summer to post this book but I'll just post it now. What plans could be held for the group of friends and the enemies?

Word Count: 1048