Chapter 6, Saving You

(y/n) - your name
(l/n) - last name
(n/n) - nickname

~•~•~

:=:Your POV:=:

I was drowning, and he saved me...

~•~•~

I watched everyone have fun at the water park. I didn't really feel like going on the rides, for one perfect reason; I can't swim. I mean, that's what happens when you have no parents growing up.

I saw KC pushed Zane down a slide, and then his shorts came off, it was kinda funny honestly.
"(Y/n)! We're going down the lazy river, come on!" Laurence called.

I jumped into the river and followed the group. I wasn't really talking, but I heard a voice; I looked up to see Gene. He looked down at me and smiled, but continued to talk to his friends. I waved slightly and continued with the rest of the group, I heard a small splash, and a voice from behind me.
I knew it wasn't anyone from the group, because I was behind everyone else.

"Hey," Gene's voice said.
He swam up next to me, and walked with me, the group not really noticing.
"You're being left behind," he said.
I shrugged, "Oh well, they'll notice eventually."
"I know I'm not the best person ever, and I know you aren't really supposed to hang out with me but... do you wanna hang out with me?" He asked.
"What happened to Sasha?" I questioned.
"She's with Zenix, and Ivy and Lillian are rude, so you're the only other girl I know who doesn't completely hate me," Gene smiled.

I smiled slightly and looked at him, "I guess you can tag along."

Gene smiled, and we continued with the lazy river till we got to the last ride of the day.

"Don't think of this as weird, but I've been kinda watching you guys today. I realized you don't really go into the water, can you swim?" He asked.
I looked down, too embarrassed to admit it, "Well, while we queue in the line, I'll buy you a floaty. You can take those down the slides," Gene suggested.
I nodded, and we got out of the lazy river. Everyone finally noticed that Gene was with us.

"Why is he here?" Aaron asked annoyed.
"Because he can be," I glared, "Is that a problem?"

Aaron went silent, and I went to line up. Gene disappeared, and then returned with a floaty. I gladly accepted.

We got to the front of the line, and Gene ended up being pushed to the back of our group, and I was in the front. I know that Lyla and Laurence did it on purpose, but it's whatever.

"Please remove the floaty, you can come back and grab it. It'll get stuck on the slide," the man said.

I hesitated, no one else knows that I can't swim... I took it off, and waited for the green light...

:=:Gene's POV:=:
(Hell the fuck yeah!)

I wasn't paying attention, when I looked up to see (Y/n) go down the slide. I smiled slightly, when I noticed that her floaty was sitting at the top. My heart beater quickly, and I pushed passed everyone else.

"Did (Y/n) just go?" I asked.
"Yeah, back of the line," Aaron glared.
"Oh no..." I looked at the slide, and shouted for her, "(Y/n)!"
"What's wrong?" Lyla asked.
"(Y/n) can't swim! She just went down the slide!" I said.
"What?!" Laurence asked panicked.

Before anyone said another word, I jumped down the slide and swam after her. It landed straight into the ocean.

I swam around the water, looking for her, when I saw her unconscious body floating down. I quickly swam down, and got her, dragging her to shore.

I gave her CPR, when I had no choice but to do mouth to mouth on her.

She began to cough up water, and she quickly sat up.

:=:Your POV:=:

I coughed up water, and looked at Gene, who had panic in his eyes.
He grabbed my shoulders, "What were you doing?! You could've turned back and said never mind! Why'd you go down, knowing you couldn't swim?!"
"I-I'm sorry... I was embarrassed... I didn't know what to do... it was a last minute decision... I didn't even know it went into the ocean!" I cried. 

Gene huffed, and then hugged me... I was surprised, I've never seen him hug anyone before in my life.

He let me go, when the rest of the group ran up.
"(Y/n)! Are you okay?!" Lyla asked.
"I'm fine... Gene basically saved my life," I sighed.
"I'm gonna take her back to your house, you guys have fun," Gene said.

Everyone else slowly nodded, and Gene helped me up, and led my back to the house.

:=:Lyla's POV:=:

I watched Gene as he took (Y/n) back to the house. I cannot believe I'm saying this but... I think he likes her. I don't know if (Y/n) realizes it yet, but I think she likes him too...

~•~•~

Word Count: 836