Chapter 3, Ferris Wheel Heartbreak

(y/n) - your name
(l/n) - last name
(n/n) - nickname

~•~•~

:=:Your POV:=:

We all woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes, I walked downstairs to see the boys making us breakfast. There was chocolate chip pancakes, fruit, and orange juice.

"You boys didn't have to do this," I smiled.

I walked over to Aaron and he kissed my head, "It's no trouble."
I smiled slightly, and sat down to eat.
"Okay, so I think today we should explore the park. We have all summer to do different rides, and then there's the island," Aphmau suggested.
Everyone nodded in agreement, "Like Aph said, we have all summer," Lyla said.

We finished our breakfast, and I needed to tell them about Gene and his gang being here.

"Don't let what I'm about to tell you, ruin the summer," I started, "The Greasers are here. In all fairness, Gene has had his houses reserved for months, I got this last minute. But, let's ignore them, and have a fun summer. Okay?"
Everyone nodded slightly, "Okay!" Faith broke the awkwardness, "Lets explore, shall we?"

~•~•~

We abandoned the idea of waiting to do rides, because they had some non-water rides that I really wanted to go on. There was a giant Ferris Wheel that I wanted to go on when they did the fireworks. A start to the summer and opening of the park.

We did a few small rides, and it started to get dark. We all gathered by the Ferris Wheel, when we saw The Greasers walking up to us.

"Gene," I glared.
"I need to talk to (Y/n), is that okay? Or are you gonna try and stab me again?" Gene asked.

I looked back at the others, and nodded at them, "I'll be fine."

Gene and I got into one of the Ferris wheel cars, and we started to go up as everyone else got on.

"What do you want?" I asked.
"How much do you trust that boyfriend of yours?" Gene asked.
I glared slightly, "What kind of question is that?"
Gene frowned a bit, and looked behind us, I looked back and saw him...

Kissing Aphmau...

I felt my heart break, but I wouldn't let Gene know that he got to me.
I took a deep breath and looked at Gene, for the first time I smiled at him.
"Thank you..." I muttered.

Gene nodded, and he genuinely looked like he felt bad for me. Aaron and I had been dating for a while, and I actually loved him. I should've known that something was up. Aphmau always looked upset when I was with him, and Aaron did seem a bit uncomfortable. I'm glad he found someone he cares about now...

I looked forward and saw the fireworks go off, Gene and I sat there in silence.

"I'm sorry..." he muttered.

~•~•~

We all got off the Ferris Wheel, and I walked up to Aphmau and Aaron, smiling.

"I'm not upset, I had a feeling that something was wrong the minute I started dating Aaron. I'm glad you two are happy, I just wish you didn't lie..."

I walked away before they could say anymore, and I was followed by Lyla back to the house.

"(Y/n)!" Lyla called.

I walked into my room and quietly shut my door. I stood out on the balcony and looked down to see Gene staring up at me. I gave him a small smile, and he just smirked and winked at me. I rolled my eyes, smiling, and went to sleep.

What a long day it's been...

~•~•~