Chapter 7, Not One of Us - Part 1

(y/n) - your name
(l/n) - last name
(n/n) - nickname

~•~•~

:=:Lyla's POV:=:

Don't play song till told please

I watched (Y/n) and Gene walk away, and turned to the others, who just glared.
"What?" I questioned.
"She's breaking the rules... This isn't right, them hanging out all the time. She's letting her feelings for a Greaser affect her leadership," Travis said.
"I agree," Laurence pipped up, "I love her like a sister, but Travis is right. I didn't care about Aaron, but this is Gene we're talking about."

The others nodded, "So, What are you saying? We revoke (Y/n) of her leadership? No. No way. She's the best leader we've had since Juno," I glared.
"If she keeps at it, she's gonna get someone shot again. Do you remember what happened to Vlyad?" Garroth asked.
"Painfully," Vlyad rubbed his shoulder, where he was shot.

I sighed, when we heard footsteps from behind us. We turned to see Sasha and the other Greasers.
"Sasha," I glared.
"Chill, we need to talk about this (Y/n) and Gene situation," Zenix said.

Everyone nodded in agreement. Everyone, besides a few people from each side, agreed that (Y/n) and Gene should no longer be leaders. I disagreed. Juno picked her for a reason, and they're disrespecting him, but I was out-voted.

"We'll talk to them then," Sasha said.
Aaron nodded, "To keep (Y/n) safe, I'm exiling him. If you'd like to join."
Sasha nodded, and the greasers walked away, but Sasha turned back and looked at Aaron, "Just so you know, we heard that Gene is just going to use her. So, watch out for him."

Aaron nodded, and we began to head back to the house... The majority vote was that Aaron be leader, since he's had experience. I'm just afraid of what'll happen with (Y/n)...

~•~•~

:=:Your POV:=:

I laid on the couch, as Gene made me something to eat. I never realized it but... he is a nice guy, under all his emo stuff.

He came over, and sent a tray of food in front of me.

"Thank you..." I muttered.
Gene sat back on the couch and took some strawberries every once in awhile, and we watched Grey's Anatomy on the TV.
"Whatever happened to taking her back to the house?" A voice came in from the door.

We looked up to see the group, glaring at us.
"Thank you for saving me, and for the dinner... I'll see you later," I said.

Gene nodded, and walked past the group, and they all glared at him as he walked out.

"What is it with you guys?" I questioned.
"You're breaking the rules, (Y/n)," Dante said.
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"You know the rules, no talking to Greasers," Laurence said.
I scoffed, "Those rules have been around for years. Why do you guys care so much anyways?"
"We're revoking your leadership," Aaron said, "You're letting your feelings for a greaser affect your leadership."
"Are you kidding me? You can't be the leader, you graduated!" I glared.
"Until I can find someone to take my place, I'm leader until further notice," Aaron said.
"This is so stupid! All for hanging out with Gene? No one revoked Juno's leadership when he fell for Nova!" I argued.
"Nova and Juno fell in love, this is different," Aaron said.
"Says who? Gene has done more for me over the past few weeks then you ever have," I glared.
"What are you talking about?" He asked.
I shook my head, "Aaron, what's my favorite animal?"
Aaron looked at me confused, "What? I don't know... A cat?"
I scoffed, "A swan. My favorite view is a sun rise, I like pancakes, not waffles, my favorite fruit is strawberries and my favorite color is pastel blue."
"What does this have to do with anything?" He asked.
"Gene knows more about me, then you ever have. He cares about me, he saved my freaking life, for Irene's sake. So yeah, I do love him," I admitted.

I felt a rock lifted from my shoulders, I felt like I just got a breath of fresh air. Maybe admitting that I love Gene, is what I needed over these past few weeks.

Aaron glared, "Well, you don't know him very well then."
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked.
"We overheard him talking to his stupid little group the other day, he's trying to use you! All he wants is sex! Then he'll dump you like the rest of his pathetic little sluts," Aaron said.

My eyes widened, and I looked behind them to see Gene, he had a scar on his face, I don't know what from... But it looked bad. The rest of the Greasers were behind him, just as upset as the Socs.

Play song

Despite what Aaron said, whether it's true or not, I still loved him.

"Gene!" I tried to go to him, but Lyla held me back.
"Why I outta..." Laurence started, "Let me at him! Let me at him!" Laurence handed Garroth his shirt, "Here! Hold me back!"
"Okay!" Garroth grabbed his shirt.
Laurence tried to run towards Gene, "Let me at him! Let me at him!"
"Okay!" Garroth let go, and Laurence flew forward.
Laurence stood back up and looked at Garroth, "I think you're missing the basic point here..."
"Oh..." Garroth frowned.

Whispers continued, and Aaron walked in front, and glared at him, "Why did you come back?"
"Aaron... I never said any-" Aaron cut him off, "You don't belong here."
"Please... I ask you to believe me," Gene said.
"Aaron, please, listen to him," I pleaded.
"Quiet!" Aaron yelled, "When you first came here you asked for judgement, and I pass it now."

I could hear the Greasers yelling different words, but the one that stuck out to me the most was...
"Exile!" Aaron yelled.
"No!" I shouted.

"No!" I fought Lyla's hold and got past her, but Lucinda stopped me, "Gene!"

"Deception," Zane sang.
"Disgrace," Zenix sang.
"Evil as plain as the scar on his face," Aaron glared at him.

"Deception," Laurence sang.
"An outrage!" Faith sang.
"Disgrace," Garroth sang.
"For shame!" Violet sang.
"He asked for trouble the moment he came," Dante glared.
"See you later, agitator!" They all sang.
"Traitor, go back with your own!" Aaron glared.
"He asked for trouble the moment he came," Travis sang.
"See you later, agitator!" Sasha sang.

They all began to hit him, and throw him around, "Born in grief! Raised in hate! Helpless to defy his fate!"

Gene got away from them and started to run, "Let him run! Let him live! But do not forget what we cannot forgive!"

They all watched him as he ran away, I got past Lucinda, but was stopped by Kandi, "That he is not one of us! He has never been one of us! He is not part of us! Not our kind!"

Lyla ran up to me and held me back, she looked at me and then looked at Aaron, "Someone once lied to us! Now we're not so blind!"

The Greasers began to sing as well, "For we knew he would do what he's done, and we know that he'll never be one of us!"

Everyone went quiet and Lyla got in front of me, looking me in the eyes, "He is not one of us!"

I looked towards the hills where he ran, and tears fell from my face.

"Deception," Sasha sang.
"Disgrace," Laurence sang.
"Deception," Dante sang.
"Disgrace,"
Lyla looked down, "Deception..."

The Greasers parted ways, and we all went back into the house.
"Aaron, it can't be true," I said.
"He was using you!" Aaron said.
"No! He loves me, for me!" I cried.
"You will not leave this house without an escort," Aaron instructed, "I want you here at all times, to keep an eye on you."
"This isn't fair!" I glared.
"He is following in my foot prints! I will protect you!" Aaron got in my face.

I had enough, "You will never be Nova!"

I started to cry and ran to my room, I cried on the balcony when I saw vines that led down. I looked back at the door, and climbed down the vines, I went to find Gene...

~•~•~

If you didn't read the update, I decided to rewrite chapter 7, and it's now in two parts.

Btw, Juno was the old leader of the Socs, and Nova was the old leader of the Greasers. In case no one got it.

Cya next time!

Word Count: 1436