nineteen

1k reads!!! thank you guys so much
---------

Days, weeks, and a month came by in the blink of an eye.

Renjun looked around him and saw many people, especially his seniors, who are busy decorating the halls and setting up their own booths for valentines. Some are busy decorating the school's gymnasium–where the prom will take place.

And now, he's looking around. Looking for a certain girl who mever failed to make him smile. Sounds funny, but ever since they talked last December, they became close.

Close in the sense that it's becoming unhealthy for Renjun. They're too close to be friends. Some could even say that they're lovers. But what are they, really?

He smiled upon seeing her busy arranging the flower bouquet. His thoughts earlier are now at the back of his head. He approached her, the smile not leaving his face. "Yizhuo!"

The said girl turned around and smiled at him, "Oh hey." She then diverted her attention back in arranging the flower bouquet.

Renjun sat beside her and watched her arrange the flowers. He can't help but smile, because seeing the girl in front of her, with flowers, makes everything feel so surreal. He has never seen someone this beautiful–aside from is mother, of course.

He's wondering why. Why did it took him a while to realize that he has feelings for her? Why didn't he knew her before? Why just now?

"Ningning..." He said, trying to get her attention since she was too engrossed in arranging the flowers.

"Hmm?" She hummed, not even bothering to look at him.

"Nothing." It's not nothing. He wanted to ask her out, and be his date for the upcoming prom. Of course it's not nothing.

She gasped, and he looked at her. She smiled while admiring the third arrangement she made this day. He smiled and stared at her, while admiring her own masterpiece.

"Hey, Renjun..." She said, finally looking at him.

He looked at her, "Hmm?"

"Can you help me?" She asked.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" He said, standing up, because she did too.

She placed the flower in front of him. "Could you place it there?" She asked, pointing at the top of the awards shelf, which was already filled with flowers. The last bouquet she made will complete the decoration. "You're taller than me."

He chuckled and nodded, getting the bouquet from her and tiptoeing to reach the top of the shelf. He isn't that tall compared to his friends, but he is tall when compared to Ningning. Luckily, he's tall enough to reach the shelf.

"Thanks, gege." She smiled.

He should scold her for calling him formally again, but he decided to let it slide. Smiling, he ruffled the girl's hair. "It's nothing." He chuckled.

"Renjun-hyung!" The two who were busy talking turned their heads towards the person who called the name of the elder.

"What is it, Jisung-ah?" He asked. Why does Jisung have to ruin every moment?! First, our talk at Taeyong-hyung's house, and now this? Seriously, Jisung Park you could have the interruption award.

He was panting, and Renjun immediately sensed that something not good happened. "Mark-hyung...." He started. "Mark-hyung is missing..."

Both Renjun and Ningning's eyes widened upon hearing what Jisung just said. "What?!"

"Taeyong-hyung, Irene-noona, and the others are trying to contact them." Jisung said. "And Taeyong-hyung's also calling you." He said.

He turned towards Ningning, who had her worried face on. "Will you be okay here alone?" He asked, placing his hands on her shoulders.

Ningning nodded hesitantly and looked at him with worried eyes. "I-I'll be okay, go and find Mark-oppa." She said.

"I'll be back." Renjun held her hand and gave it a tight squeeze before running away.

"You're telling me Mark-hyung resigned?" Renjun asked Jisung once they were at their dorm.

Jisung sighed and nodded. "Believe it or not, hyung... he did."

"But that isn't like Mark-hyung at all." Renjun said. "Remember the campaign? When hyungs had to humiliate themselves just for the people to vote for Mark-hyung?" He asked, and Jisung nodded. "They sacrificed a lot of time and efforts, even Mark-hyung. He badly wanted to be Murev's president, and now this? Unbelievable."

Jisung could only nod at what the older could say. "You're right, hyung. I want to talk to Mark-hyung and ask if he's on drugs or not."

Renjun laughed. "I suddenly remembered the time when Taeil-hyung had to dance TT in front of their class just because he was endorsing Mark as Murev's president."

Jisung laughed. "Oh yeah! And the next day, it was all over the internet, and our school's website and social media pages." He wiped the invisible tears that were coming out of his eyes because of laughing. "Good times."

"Yeah, they were indeed good times..." Renjun nodded.

"By the way, Renjun-hyung..." Jisung called the other who was busy unpacking his things.

"Huh?" Renjun asked, still busy unpacking his things.

"Did you ask her out already?" Jisung asked.

Renjun looked at him and raised a brow. "Who?"

"I'm talking about Ningning, hyung." Jisung laughed. "You told me the other night that you'll askher to be your date this upcoming prom." He said.

Renjun sat on his bed, "I was about to tell her earier, but you arrived." He frowned at Jisung. "What a great way to ask her out, right?" He looked at Jisung who was already laughing. "Yeah, really funny Jisung-ah... really funny."

Jisung laughed. "Oh hyung, by the way... I've got something important to tell you."

"Make sure it's important or i'll strangle you to death, Park." Renjun warned.

Jisung nodded repeatedly, mocking the older. "Yeah, yeah..." He sat properly. "Make sure to ask her out immediately."

"Yeah, yeah... but why would you tell me this all of a sudden, though?" The Chinese male asked.

"Hyung, Chenle told me that someone from the other section is planning to ask Ningning out." Jisung said and Renjun froze in his spot. "I believe it's Guanlin-hyung." He said.

"You say what?!"

— tbc.
please take care of yourselves! make sure to stay hydrated!