twenty three

"How are my handsome hyungs and dongsaengs, and beautiful noonas doing?" Renjun asked the moment he arrived at their usual table. The weird thing is, he has five boxes of pizzas in his hands.

"Woah, woah, woah, am I dreaming?" Irene gasped upon seeing the boxed of pizzas.

"Wow, Injoonie has snacks!!" Jaemin stood up and clapped his hands.

They were all surprised upon seeing the Chinese guy bringing snacks. It's rare for Renjun to treat them even though he's from a well-off family. Renjun is rich, but he doesn't show it a lot.

"Hold up, our snacks won't be complete without drinks. I'll just go buy some at the convenience store. Don't start without me!" Taeyong stood up, following him was Jaehyun, who volunteered to buy drinks with him.

Lucas stood up and cut the strings that were keeping the boxes in tact. He placed the boxes of pizzas on the table slowly, not wanting them to be destroyed.

"Ge, are you sick? Why did you buy us treats all of a sudden?" Chenle asked the guy who was smiling brightly today. He was even smiling brightly than Donghyuck, which was a bit weird.

Renjun laughed, "What? No! I'm perfectly fine." He said.

A few minutes later, Jaehyun and Taeyong arrived, bottles of sodas in their hands.

Yeri clapped her hands and cheered like a child, "We're having a picnic inside the school cafeteria! We're all gonna be reported." She said, nodding her head.

"Oh, who cares?" Johnny said, opening a box of pizza.

"Yeah, who does?" Mark said, opening another.

"We're all gonna be reported together anyways." Donghyuck said, opening another box. "Let's get it!" He said and they all grabbed a piece.

Kun distributed some plastics cup to the rest of his friends and filled them with sodas. "It actually feels so nice that we could do this once in a while... especially now that school year's about to end." He sighed.

The others nodded. "Especially to Mark and Yeri who will be graduating from highschool!" Taeyong clapped his hands. He was proud of his brother, he'll be graduating in a few months despute being a total douchebag.

"Back to Renjun..." Doyoung said, causing everyone to look at Renjun, who was seated at the end of the table. "Is something wrong? You don't usually treat us..." He said.

Renjun smiled at them convinciny while taking a bite from his slice of pepperoni pizza. "I'm fine, why are you guys so worried?" He laughed.

It was Taeyong's turn to look at him sternly. "Come on, Renjun. It's okay to not be fine. Tell us what's wrong." He said.

Renjun sighed and looked down. It seems like he can't hide something from his friends at all. "It's not fine..." He said, voice almost inaudible. "She's not talking to me... she's not replying to any of my texts like before." He said, taking another bite. "I would always text her a good morning and she would always reply back."

"It's been a week since the prom happened, and that was the last time we talked." The Chinese male said sadly. His smile and bright vibe earlier was now gone. It was rather replace with a frown and a gloomy aura. "Heck, it's even almost Ten-hyung's birthday..."  Another sigh escaped his lips as he drank his soda in a gulp.

"We knew that something's wrong." Taeyong sighed. "Renjun, you could have told us that something's bothering you for days now..." He said, looking at the younger calmly.

"I'm sorry, hyung... you know me, I'm not good at expressing my feelings." He looked down.

"Renjun-ah, have you talked to her again?" Wendy asked the younger who was busy playing with his hands.

Renjun looked at her and shook his head. "I noticed that she's trying to avoid me. I don't even know why, noona..." He said. He was almost in tears upon telling them the story but he won't cry. Especially not in front of his friends. "She's trying to avoid me at all cost. Every time I try and approach her, she would immediately walk the other way, and she'll ignore my entire existence..."

"It'll be alright, Renjun..." Taeyong patted his shoulder.

💝

Time went by and Ningning tried her best to avoid Renjun at all cost. She doesn't know why she's doing it, but she feels and she knows that it's for the best.

The bell rang and a smile immediately crept on her face because finally, school is over. The school year is over. She stood up and stretched her arms, feeing relieved because there's no more work for them to do.

"You look energetic today." Jisung said, watching the girl beside him stretch her arms. She's smiling widely, and it looks like all of her problems are already solved.

"How can I not be energetic?" She said, looking at Jisung. "It's the last day of school. It means I'm finally free from all school works." She said, earning a scoff from the older.

He stood up and nodded at everything she said. "Hey, could you accompany me to the locker room for a while? I need to clean mine for the upcoming clearances." Jisung said, scratching his nape.

She raised a brow, "What, you haven't cleaned yours yet?" She scoffed. "I bet it's full of trash."

Jisung rolled his eyes, "Whatever you say." He sighed. "Now, are you coning with me or not?"

She just nodded, surrendering. "Fine, fine, whatever. I bet you're just gonna make me do all the work in cleaning your locker that's why you need me." She said while on their way towards the locker room.

They turned to the left, where the locker room is at and Ningning's eyes widened upon seeing the person who's waiting for her inside.

"Ning, I'm sorry... but you two must talk." Jisung said, leaving her alone with Renjun inside the locker room.

She's slowly thinking why Jisung's her friend again. The guy should be in the drama club, not in the dance club. He could be a great actor someday.

"Ningning, we have to talk..." Renjun said, standing up from the chair he was sitting on.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"Why..." She walked towards her, but she just stood still. "Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" He asked.

Pondering every strength that's left in her body, she looked at him in the eye. He looked like he was about to cry.

"Renjun, I'm leaving for China and I don't know when I'll be back."

— tbc.
THIRD UPDATE!!