twenty two

The next morning, she woke up with a huge smile on her face.

She immediately stood ul and went towards her shelf where her plaque and tiara are placed. Another smile crept her face when she saw the picture beside it.

It was a snapshot from last night, when they were crowned as the prom's king and queen, after Jisung left.

Renjun held her hand and grabbed her towards the stage. "Go ahead." He smiled at her, letting her go up the stage first.

They were called to get their crowns, sashes and plaques.

Her eyes twinkled when she saw the crown. It was silver, and it has little diamonds on it. She doesn't know if those were real diamonds, but she surely didn't care. As long as she did it with Renjun.

"You look so beautiful," Their host smiled at her and placed the tiara on her head. She also got the sash and placed it on Ningning.

"Thank you, unnie." She giggled, accepting the plaque.

Her eyes twinkled upon seeing the text that were engraved on it.

Ning Yizhuo
PROM QUEEN

She smiled, because finally, they got her name right.

"You look good with your partner tonight, hun. Are you two dating?" Their host, which was around her late twenties, whispered in her ear, making her blush. "I can see the way he looks at you, and the way he talks to you. It's with love... so, are you two dating?" She chuckled.

Her eyes widened as she quickly shook her head. "N-No, it's not like that at all!" She said politely.

They were asked to have a picture on the stage.

He looked at her and he could have sworn, she looked even more beautiful. "What did I do to deserve you?" He mumbled.

"H-Huh?" Renjun has been mumbling things since earlier. She wanted to know what those mumbles are badly.

Johnny stood in front, a polaroid camera in his hands, and signalled the two to be ready.

Renjun took this as an opportunity to put his hand on her waist to pull her closer. Ningning wanted to hit him in the head for making her heart beat faster.

Johnny clicked the shutter button, and waited for the picture to come out. He gave it to the host and told the two to pose one more time.

Renjun didn't know what to do, so he made a half heart using his right hand and placed it between him and Ningning. She saw it and also made a half heart, completing Renjun's.

She smiled and can't help but feel jittery inside.

Renjun looked at her lovingly, and she did the same. Little did they know that Johnny captured the moment, and it was too late for them to realize. People around them were also chanting "Ningren!" which was a combination of their names.

The host gave each one of them a polaroid, and her, being a shipper of NingRen, she gave the second polaroid Johnny took to Ningning.

She smiled, realizing that she's falling for him deeper.

She looked at the polaroid that was enclosed in a small frame perfectly. The photo was perfect—everything was perfect.

Renjun took care of her last night. He didn't leave her side even if she told him to go and take care of Mark for a while, because Mark is hurt and he's his friend. He stayed.

He stayed and kept her company.

"Wow, someone's really happy with last night."

She looked at the person who talked sternly. "Kim Sungkyung, didn't I tell you to knock?!"

Lami laughed, "I'm sorry but it looked loke you were daydreaming."

"Whatever." Ningning rolled her eyes.

Her friends entered the room and went towards her shelf, where the crown, the plaque, and the picture is at.

"Wow, she didn't just went to the prom with her crush, she also became the prom queen, and the prom king is her crush." Hina could only sigh. It's not that she doesn't trust Renjun. He is her classmate, and she knows that Renjun is reckless, that's why when she knew that their feelings are mutual, she became protective over Ningning.

"So how was being Huang Renjun's queen?" Yiyang nudged her teasingly, wiggling her eyebrows at the younger.

She groaned and rolled her eyes at her friends. "I swear, you guys should stop." She said. "It's not like you didn't see a thing, so stop pretending."

"All jokes aside, you looked good together." Jungyeon said, looking at the picture. "You guys were like a match made in heaven last night." She said.

"Oh my god, you're embarrassing me." Ningning whined. "What are you guys saying?"

"We're just saying that you two look good together, and it's not a past tense. We're saying it because we mean it, Yizhuo..." Koeun said, sitting beside the younger on the bed.

Ningning didn't answer and just stared at the ceiling. She didn't expect that her friends would be this supportive. Before, they were even stopping her to put the letters inside his locker, but now, they're supporting her.

The letters. She suddenly remembered the letters she's writing. She's still writing a letter for him. Every single day. She doesn't know if Jisung already gave them to Renjun or not, she's at the point where she doesn't give a single damn about it anymore.

She sighed and sat back up.

"So, how are you, Ningning? How are you after last night?" Herin asked.

She's asking herself the same thing. After the picture, after the prom— after everything. She's rethinking everything that happened, and she's starting to be scared.

Scared that if her feelings would grow bigger, the chance of Renjun catching her when she falls becomes smaller.

Yes, let's say that Renjun likes her. She knows that, but a psrt of her is still scared to face reality. She feels like everything's just a dream. And if this is a dream, she's scared to wake up.

Scared to be back in the cruel world. Scared to be back in her body. In her body, and in the reality where Renjun didn't knew her.

"So..." Ningning toom a deep breath. "I'm in love with Renjun."

— tbc.
Second update for today owo