2- Achilles

A girl moaned next to Achilles as he walked through the tall grass.

He jumped startled at the sudden noise as everything had been silent just moments before.

He looked to his left and saw a girl slowly walking, stumbling actually. She was deathly pale, she looked hungry and thirsty.

She needed help.

Achilles quickly looked around desperately searching for anything that could show him where they were.

They were coming into a small town, there had to be a welcome sign somewhere. Anywhere.

He ran around the corner and sighed in relief when he saw what he was looking for.

'Now entering DeadRiver, Ohio.' The sign read.

He looked back at the girl who was just now seeing him.

Two words floated out of her mouth. "Find her."

Achilles eyes opened slowly. The sound of the rushing river rolled past and birds chirped in the early morning.

He was homeless, homeless for two months. Achilles still shuddered at the thought of walking home and seeing a sword sticking out of his mother's chest. Yes, a sword, not bullets, not a knife. A full on bronze sword.

Achilles was smart and didn't stay long enough to be the murderers next victim. He said a quick prayer and told her he loved her before he packed a small bag and took off on his own.

No kid dreamed of never meeting his father and for his mother to be murdered at the age of seventeen. It was just a cruel world.

Only Achilles didn't know just how cruel it could get.

He quickly packed his bag and stood up. He needed to get to DeadRiver. It was only two hours east of where he was currently located.

"Find her." The voice rang inside of my head.

"Who are you?" Achilles asked keeping his head low as he made his way to the bus station.

"Find her." The voice said again. "Find Hope Mikaelson."

That was her name. Hope. It was a nice name, but there were always people who's name didn't exactly match their personality.

Achilles bought a ticket before boarding the next bus to DeadRiver. Achilles didn't know how far ahead his dream was or how far ahead it was but he knew one thing for sure. His dreams, they always came true. He knew better than to ignore them.

He knew he wasn't normal, that there was something different about him. He had dyslexia, his dreams came true, whenever he got extremely angry a storm seemed to come out of nowhere. Not to mention the fact that when he was in school he was able to read Latin words straight out of a textbook without ever being taught.

The bus ride was long, or at least it felt like forever. Over the last two months Achilles has been thrown into a world of hurt, now these dreams, the girl, and the voice in his head didn't help his case either. Everything was getting stranger by the second.

He sat there with his head against the window staring at the trees as they passed by the speeding bus. In his hands he fiddled with the charm his mother had given him, telling him it would always protect him. The small bronze ring had the symbol of a lightning bolt on the top of it.

He sighed in sadness as the thought of his mother's death weaseled his way into his mind. Nothing he did was able to keep that thought out, even the charm didn't protect him from seeing that vision over and over again.

Achilles decided to try something.

"What am I supposed to do when I find her?" Achilles asked no one, keeping his head down.

Silence.

"Please help, I don't know what to do." Achilles pleaded.

"Tell her you're trying to find Salvatore." The voice calmly replied.

"Who's Salvatore?" Achilles asked as someone peered over at him talking to himself.

Achilles shook his head at the person. "Just practicing what I'm going to say to someone."

The girl just stared at him weird before going back to her phone.

"Not a who, but a place. A school. Safe for people like you." The voice said.

"For people like me?" Achilles asked confused. "What am I?"

"You're different." The voice said disappearing as the bus came to a stop at the DeadRiver bus depot.

Achilles shook his head and stood up slowly before exiting the bus.

"Hey sir, would you be able to point me in the direction of the DeadRiver welcome sign?" Achilles asked politely.

"Of course, it's just down Main Street. You can't miss it." The man said smiling creepily.

"Thank you, Have a good one."

"You as well, Achilles."

It didn't hit Achilles until he was out of the depot. He never told the man his name. How did he know who he was?

His eyes widened as he began to walk faster down the street. His mothers murderers, had they found him?

A girl was walking slowly passed the welcome sign as he neared it and he began to job.

"Hey." Achilles called to her as he got closer. "Is your name Hope Mikaelson?"

She shook her head. "Must have me mistaken, my names Jessica." She said smiling slightly.

"You're a good liar but I saw you in my dream. Passing this sign actually." Achilles said chuckling.

"If you knew then why'd you ask?" She said sounding like she was ready for a fight.

"Honestly, I thought it was the polite thing to do. I figured it was a lot less creepy." He shrugged as they walked slowly together.

"Your dream led you to me." Hope said. "Why?"

I looked her over, she was pale still and her lips were parched and cracked. Her eyes had bags under them like she hadn't slept in days.

"You look hungry, why don't we grab some food and we can talk." Achilles said.

"I don't have any money." She said embarrassed.

"I do." Achilles spoke remembering the amount of money he had taken from the emergency safe. It was a lot.

She nodded. "You're not giving off the kidnap and murder vibe so I'll agree, but if you double cross me I'll kill you." She said seriously.

"My name is Achilles by the way."