4-Salvatore

"Wow. Thats crazy. So there's a whole school full of werewolves, vampires, and witches?" I asked as we walked back towards the bus depot.

"And a Phoenix." She said reminding me of her boyfriend Landon that spoke very highly above.

"You miss him. Don't you?" I asked her as we walked.

"So much, and he doesn't even remember me. Let alone know I'm alive." She said sadly.

"I'm sure you guys will figure everyone out once we get to the school." I said reassuring her. For someone named Hope she didn't have a lot of it right now.

She nodded.

Honestly, she had basically just told me her life story and I was impressed. Very impressed. Remind me not to get on her bad side.

She sat down next to me on the bus. I kept my eyes on the bus depot until we parted ways, to see if that creepy man was following us.

"Your turn."

"My turn?" I asked confused. "For what?"

"Let's hear your back story."

I groaned. "I don't know. You set the bar pretty high on tragic backstories."

She laughed.

"It's not a competition but it might help with figuring out who you are."

I nodded. "Well I was the star football player at my school, well hockey player too but anyway, I never knew my father. He had been gone since before I was born and once the dreams started I knew that there was something different about me. Then I realized that I had dyslexia, let's not forget about how I can somehow read fluent Greek and Latin without ever being taught it. Not to mention the voice in my head. Anyway one day I came home to a blood trail leading my front door to the kitchen and there she was, my mother lying in a pool of blood dead, with a sword protruding from her chest."

"A sword?" Hope asked interrupting me. "I've seen some pretty crazy deaths but I can't remember anyone killing someone with a sword."

I nodded. "A bronze sword to be exact, exactly the same type of metal that made my charm." I said showing her the ring.

"Protection charms are a very big part of our life. That doesn't surprise me." Hope said as the bus stopped hours later as we entered the town of Mystic Falls.

"We're almost there." Hope said as we walked through the decently sized town.

"Where is this school?" I asked her as we began to walk into the forest.

"Pretty deep in the forest, we gotta keep our secret somehow and I don't think that having a school in the middle of town would do the trick." She laughed like it was obvious.

"Oh yeah, right. Stupid me." I said laughing as we pulled apart some bushes and walked onto a road in front of a gate with an 'S' across the middle.

The place was beautiful. Forest surrounding it on all sides except one which a beautiful lake sat next to the perfectly maintained lawn. The place looked like a mansion more than a school.

"It's beautiful." I said to her.

"Takes my breath away every time." She said as she typed in the gate code. A lock was heard and she pulled the gate open.

Something ran through the forest, brushing passed bushes as it ran, but it definitely wasn't fast. It wasn't trying to be quiet either.

"What was that?" I asked.

Hope was on high alert. "I don't know, get behind me."

I put my back against hers and we spun in a slow circle covering all directions.

"You don't think I can fight?" I asked.

"I bet you can fight, but have you ever fought a creature that should exist?" She asked.

"Well I mean there was this bully one time in middle school." I said sarcastically.

"Shut up." Hope said annoyed.

"Come out." I yelled into the forest.

One single eye appeared out of the bushes and glared at me before roaring and showing his full eight foot tall, portly body. He wore a bus depot employee uniform on his body and carried a wooden club in his right hand.

I gulped. "That's a cyclops."

"Yes, I know what a cyclops is." Hope said pushing me to the side. "Let's see if I still got it." She said cracking her fingers.

She made some weird movements with her hands before whispering a single word. "Incendia."

A stream of fire shot from her hands and engulfed the cyclops in flames.

The cyclops just roared as the flames died down.

"Come on, they're the blacksmiths of the Gods. Everyone knows you can't kill one with fire." I said to her.

She shrugged as the cyclops charged. Hope ducked between his legs causing him to stop confused.

"Got any ideas?" Hope asked.

She got caught off guard as the Cyclops swung behind him with his club catching Hope in the side knocking her into the tree.

I froze up. The expert was down and I had no combat experience whatsoever. Especially not with a mythical monster.

I did the smartest thing I could thing of.

I ran at it from behind and jumped onto its shoulders. I swung my fists back and forth at its head.

Nothing happened.

He turned his head to try and get me and that's when I saw it. Blood. The ring on my finger was made of bronze, bronze did considerable damage to mythical creatures.

I started wailing on its head again this time with only my ring hand. I fully pulled my hand back and brought all my strength down crushing the monsters skull.

I fell to the ground covered in golden dust as the monster disappeared in front of me.

"Hope?" I asked.

"Hope?!" I called after not getting an answer.

I ran to her unconscious body.

"Seriously? You just came back to life." I complained as I picked her up and carried her past the gates.

"What have you gotten yourself into this time, Achilles?"