25- Champion of Olympus

Thanatos's army ran past me towards my friends from school.

Thanatos wanted me to himself and I knew it. Lightning surged around my body. I could feel it dances between my fingers and cracking from my eyes.

A lightning strike crashed into a group of Hell Hounds that were stalking towards some students sending them in different directions and exploding them into golden dust.

We marched towards each other.

I summoned StormCaster and pointed it at the sky. Lightning arched down and electrocuted the tip covering the sword in pure electricity.

My sword and his scythe crashed together causing an explosion of shadows and electricity.

We battled back and forth, each gaining the upper hand on each other.

I spun and drug the tip of my sword on the ground summoning some electricity and sending a wave of it at him on the ground.

The electricity knocked him backwards slightly but he was quick to regain his balance.

I knew he'd be tough to kill, he was a God, the God of Death to be precise but he played the mother card and no one did that.

"Did you do it?" I asked him.

He looked and me a grinned.

"Did you!?" I growled at him.

"I did not kill her, but I did have her killed."

Rage poured through me, my lightning cracked red as I sent streams of electricity into Thanatos body sending him backwards against the wall that surrounded the school.

I stopped to see if he was dead. If I had finished him or not. If the feeling of avenging my mother was still there.

I was shocked to see that he wasn't there.

I didn't know why I was surprised. He was a God.

I looked around the battlefield. He was nowhere to be seen. The battle raged on, Olivia was using various magic to fend off the monsters and demons. Hope was back to back with Landon as Hope used magic and Landon has completely ignited himself on fire.

"Miss me?" Thanatos cold voice hissed from behind me.

I turned around and was immediately caught around the throat by his boney hand. He raised me up off the ground so I was in his line of sight.

I started to lose my breath as the grip around my throat tightened. My feet kicked struggling to reach the ground and I found my hands prying at his boney fingers to get some air.

I could feel my life force being drawn into his body as if he was draining the soul from my body.

"Achilles!" I heard Hope yell from somewhere behind me.

"Say hi to your mother for me." He hissed at me.

"Go to hell" I choked out.

He cocked his head. "Did you forget? I'm the God of Death."

That was when everything blacked and I lost consciousness.

***
I pushed open the giant golden doors in front of me.

Inside were twelve beautifully decorated thrones aligned in an Omega like shape around the circular room.

Twelve men and women were seated on their selected thrones and turned their heads as I entered.

"Achilles." Zeus boomed. "How are you on Olympus? Why are you on Olympus?" He questioned.

"I think I'm dying." I said as I knelt in the center of the throne room.