6- Feeling of Belonging

"I'm a What?" I asked confused.

"You're a demigod. Which actually makes a lot of sense." Dr. Saltzman said grabbing a book of his bookshelf.

"Wha-what? How does this make a lot of sense?" I asked confused. "There's one god, not twelve."

Thunder boomed in the clouds like I had just pissed someone off.

"Okay. That was a coincidence." I said as Dr. Saltzman gave me a look.

"Hope, can you go get Landon, and Rafael. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is more than just the Greek Pantheon running around."

She nodded and left the room.

"Can you read this?" He asked me sliding me the book that was written in Greek.

"Perfectly. Can you?"

He nodded. "Yeah, but I've studied the language for years. Never actually thought I'd need to read a book on demigods."

"Can you just start over at the part where you tell me what I am?" I asked confused.

He nodded. "Basically, your father has never been around because he isn't legally allowed to be around you see there are these ancient rules that the gods have to follow. There are only three main ones, No god can directly steal another's symbol of power." He said.

"What does that mean?"

"Hades couldn't steal Zeus's lightning bolt. Or Zeus couldn't steal Poseidon's trident. The second is, no God or Goddess can enter another's domain without permission."

"That's an easy one." I said understanding that Poseidon couldn't enter the sky without permission or Zeus couldn't enter the underworld.

"And finally, Gods have limited access to mortal affairs. Which is why your father hasn't been around, why the voice wouldn't tell you what you are, and why you received no help fighting the cyclops."

I nodded. "So why are we just assuming that I'm Greek. How do you know if I can automatically can read Ancient Scandinavian?"

"It's the bronze. A symbol of Olympus. There are three types of metal used by the Greek Mythological world. Olympian Bronze, Celestial Gold, and Underworld Steel. There's a catch, these weapons are only able to harm supernatural beings. They can't hurt a mortal." Saltzman said looking up at me.

The bronze. The sword was bronze and it's a symbol of Olympus. "Do you think the person that killed my mom was from Olympus?" I asked.

Saltzman shook his head. "Doubtful, I'm guessing the person who killed your mother is working for someone much darker and you showing up here scares me for what's in store for us."

The door opened and Landon and Hope walked in.

"Landon, Hope meets the newest member of your faction. You got the wolves, the vamps, the witches, and the others." Saltzman said smiling.

"The others? Really? That sounds like it's on the verge of discrimination." I said.

"It doesn't draw a lot of attention." Hope said. "I like that."

"He's right, we need a new name." Landon said agreeing with me.

Hope stared at him for a moment. "Do you purposely disagree with me sometimes. I think you do." She said as her and Landon headed out.

"So who's my dad?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I'd like to tell you but it's not my place. Gods claim they're children when they want them, when you're claimed you'll know."

"That's if he wants me." I said sadly. "Am I free to go?"

Saltzman nodded.

"Hey, guys wait up." I said chasing after them.

"So did they figure out what you are?" Landon asked.

I looked over at Hope. "You didn't tell him?"

"Wasn't my secret to tell." She said shrugging.

"It wasn't a secret at all. I'm a demigod." I said to him.

Landon stopped in his tracks. "Wait so like, your father is a god and your mom was human? Wait, the Pantheons are real? Oh my god. That's awesome." Landon said excited.

"You're into mythology?" Hope asked him raising an eyebrow.

"Are you kidding, I love mythology. It's all I used to read. So who's your father?" He asked.

"Saltzman wouldn't say. He told me I had to wait for him to claim me." I said as we continued walking again.

Landon nodded. "That makes sense. So Hope, I'd ask you what happened but I'm guessing that you were alone, in the dark. It was like you were asleep and then you were suddenly yanked awake."

"Not exactly, I was dead. I felt it. I saw my dad, and my mom. They told me that I shouldn't be there and then all I saw was white and I was waking up in the middle of the forest. Outside Huntsville, Ohio where Achilles found me." She said as she drug her hand along the wall getting familiar with the place again.

"I'm just glad you're back." Landon said smiling at her.

She grabbed his hand. "Me too."

"Get a room." I said pretending to choke.

"Get a girl." Landon said back at me.

I looked at him. "I don't date."

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because I don't catch feelings." I said uncomfortably. "Isn't there anything we can do? This is a school for the supernatural."

"School doesn't start for another few weeks so I mean we can train you in combat." Hope said looking at Landon.

"Have you learned anything new?"

"Dr. Saltzman and I used to spar until we got really busy trying to fix everyone's memory." Landon shrugged.

"What do you think of the place?" Rafael asked coming out of the library.

I sat and pondered the thought for a moment. When I first got here I was terrified, I mean I was normal in a school full of things that I used to think were monsters. I was basically well, I was prey to a school full of predators. Well, now after realizing who I really I am it felt different. I mean I still couldn't really protect myself but just the feeling of safety.

I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"I feel like I belong."