10- Zeus

I don't know how long I laid in my bed but it had felt like forever before someone knocked on my door.

"Hey Ash?" Hope's voice said from the other side.

"Go away." I groaned.

"I hope you're dressed because we're coming in." I heard Landon's voice. The thing was I was dressed, I was still wearing my dress clothes, I was too upset to take them off.

The door opened and a little bit of light shined into my room before the lights flipped on. I looked over at my clock, it was twelve thirty.

"Jeez, you said it was bad but you didn't say it was this bad." I heard Kaleb say as he placed a bag on the table.

"What do you guys want?" I complained. "And I swear if you apologize for Olivia, say I told you so I'll kill you all."

"Actually, we had a something else in mind." Kaleb said causing me to sit up.

The bag he brought was filled with alcohol.

"It doesn't work on me." I said to him.

"Trust me, this will." He said. "I had Hope cast a spell for an instant buzz."

He tossed me a full bottle of fireball. I had never had fire ball in my life but I was definitely interested.

"Drink up." Hope said to me.

So I did and now looking back on it. I don't regret it for a second.

***
Someone knocked on the door and I groaned. As I rolled over my brain began to rattled against my skull and my world spun.

"Ash?" Josie voice said from the other side of the door.

I groaned again as I rubbed my eyes. The lights were still on causing my eyes to become extremely sensitive to the blinding light.

"Just open the door." Penelope said from outside.

"No. That's rude." Josie argued.

I pulled myself up against the headboard as my stomach twisted into a knot like I was about to vomit.

"Fine. I will." Penelope said as the door opened.

The two girls jumped in shock when they looked around the room. Bottles were everywhere, Kaleb was passed out on the chair in the corner of the room and Hope and Landon were out cold on the floor next to the bed.

"What the hell happened?" Josie asked in shock. She looked at me waiting for an answer.

"I don't know, Hope witched some alcohol so we'd be able to get drunk and then I don't remember much after that." I said slithering down back to my pillow.

Penelope walked over and lightly kicked Hope and Landon awake as Josie checked on Kaleb.

"Time to get up. It's almost noon." Penelope said before they left the room.

An hour passed before my hangover died out and I felt somewhat normal again if you take away the constant turning of my stomach.

It was pouring rain outside and thunder cracked every now and then. I loved storms, they seemed to calm me.

I put on my Salvatore jacket and walked outside in the rain and just stood there looking up into the sky with my eyes closed.

I could feel the storm brewing, I could feel the static from the lightning miles away, I could hear the thunder in my ears before it boomed, I could feel the wind ripping around my ankles and up my body like it wanted to take me away, but most of all. I heard the voice. It was like it was calling to me. Just barely a whisper.

"Ash?" Hope asked from behind me. She was standing in the safety from the rain underneath the overhang just above the front doors of the school.

I turned around. "What's up?"

"What are you doing? It's cold out here."

I shook my head. "I don't know, I love storms, they calm me. They make me feel content."

"Okay I get that, but you don't need to stand out here and watch it." She said.

I turned back around as I reached my hand up into the sky and felt around. "It's like it's calling me. This storm, it feels like it's a part of me."

Thunder boomed through the sky causing Hope to jump.

"Come on Achilles. Let's go inside."

White lightning ripped across the clouds lightning up the sky for a second.

"Did you see that?" I asked her. "That was pure white lightning." I saw in awe. "It's beautiful."

"Achilles, if you're waiting for Zeus to come down and claim you I wouldn't bet on it." Hope said. "Zeus is the king of the Gods, he's arrogant, and his egos too big to care for what was likely an accident."

Hopes hand immediately flew to her mouth as she said that.

It felt like I had been shot in the back. "Then that makes two of us." I said to her coldly. "I guess that's just what Enigmas are. Cosmic mistakes."

"Achilles, I'm sorry." She said as I started to head back inside as bolts of electricity began ripping at the school ground causing the wind to pick up to hurricane force winds.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "For the record, I know who Zeus is. I also know about Klaus Mikaelson, he was evil but he loved you. My father may be an arrogant prick, I may have been an accident but that I believe he cares about me."

She nodded, guilt was still clearly written on her face.

A single large bolt of white lightning arched down and smashed into the street behind us causing chunks of cobblestone to fly everywhere.

"Duck." I said pulling Hope down as a piece of cobblestone sailed over her head continuing on its path as it crashed through the school window.

"Achilles. Look." Hope said pointing behind me.

I turned around and froze at what I saw. A man in a white suit stood up brushing himself off.

He looked at the window. "Ooo, I'm sorry about that. How was the entrance?" He asked me.

"Too close for comfort but flashy." I said to him.

He had long slicked black hair with a black beard and electric blue eyes, in his right hand was a pure white bolt of lightning.

He looked at me and smiled. "You look just like your mother. Except for the eyes, you have my eyes."

"Wow, that's ironic." Hope said recalling what she had said moments before.

"Oh yes, Ms. Mikaelson I did hear what you said but all is forgiven." He said to her.

I was about to say something but he continued. "And that is only because you have treated Achilles so nicely, you will not get another pass."

"What's going on out here?" Dr. Saltzman said rushing out with his cross bow followed closely by the rest of our group.

"Dr. Please put the bow away. We have guests." Hope said through clenched teeth.

Alaric looked at Zeus who nodded back him.

"Alaric, do you have a place where I can speak with Achilles. In private."

Alaric nodded.

"Come with me."