✦ Houses Relationships with Each Other ✦

Slytherin x Gryffindor (Slytherdor): This is probably the worst pairing between houses. Slytherins are driven by emotion, just like Gryffindors, but Slytherins have a great sense of self preservation. Gryffindors are prone to selfless acts without the added logic that Slytherins tend to use. This may lead to misunderstandings and frustration between them

Slytherin x Ravenclaw (Slytherclaw): Slytherins and Ravenclaws are a pretty good pairing (especially since those who are sorted into Slytherin tend to have a close compatibility with Ravenclaw values). The problems that might arise in this pairing would occur with the expression and understanding of feelings and emotions. Ravenclaws, although far from emotionless, are more logic driven than Slytherins. They act when logic and reason dictate they do. Slytherins act on emotion and use logic and reasoning to dictate how they go about what they are doing. Communicating feelings would be key in a Slytherin/Ravenclaw pairing.

Slytherin x Hufflepuff (Slytherpuff): Slytherin and Hufflepuff pairings are probably one of the better pairings involving a Slytherin. Hufflepuffs tend to be more carefree, which could help lighten up their Slytherin partner. Slytherins who are notoriously suspicious and naturally do not trust easily would do well with a Hufflepuff (whose House's key value is loyalty). Slytherins (with a natural sense of self preservation which drives logical thinking) will help keep Hufflepuffs out of trouble when they decide to adventure a bit.

Ravenclaw x Gryffindor (Ravendor): Ravenclaws and Gryffindors would probably be the best at balance each other out. Ravenclaws (with their natural logic and reasoning) would stop any ill-conceived plans that Gryffindors may come up with. The Gryffindor partner could also help the Ravenclaw step out of their comfort zone and distract them from the stresses that come with their logic and reason.

Ravenclaw x Hufflepuff (Ravenpuff): Ravenclaws would easily become annoyed with their seemingly illogical Hufflepuff partner. While Hufflepuffs might be able to lighten their Ravenclaw partners up, it would likely put unnecessary stress on both parties. Hufflepuffs tend to be more openly emotional than their Slytherin counterparts which would cause as much or more confusion, miscommunications, and misunderstandings than there would be in a Ravenclaw/Slytherin pairing. This probably wouldn't be the best pairing.

Gryffindor x Hufflepuff (Gryffinpuff): This pairing would probably wreak havoc and cause chaos the world over. Emotional and lacking the (natural, inborn, or acquired) self preservation, logic, and reasoning of the other two Houses, Gryffindor/Hufflepuff pairings would go balls-to-the-walls crazy. Gryffindor/Hufflepuff pairings would suit each other well and make each other happy, but they would likely find themselves labeled as annoying or insane.