✦ Houses and Personality Types ✦

Gryffindors compare to the yellow personality type. They are always in the center of attention, they talk before they think, and let's be honest, they act before they think, too. One of the things that bother a Gryffindor the most is trying to understand someone who thinks too long and uses too few and inexpressive words (read: Ravenclaws).

Gryffindors are often extroverts, and if you've ever had a 'class clown' - they were likely a Gryffindor.

Ravenclaws connect to the blue personality type (suitable, right?). They are thinkers, who make their decisions based on logic and facts. To them, a decision based on a gut feeling or the flip of a coin is completely out of the question. This also means that Ravenclaws often spend a lot of time thinking before talking or acting, and can be perceived as silent, lazy, or even rude.

Moreover, Ravenclaws are generally introverts, and highly value their alone time.

Hufflepuffs are equivalent to the green personality type; they are fair, helpful and harmonious. Hufflepuffs like their peace and quiet, but they are people-lovers to their core and sometimes care too much about others. What bothers a Hufflepuff the most, is injustice and arguments. They can't stand people arguing, and they definitely can't stand being disliked by anyone.

Hufflepuffs are generally extroverts and put the needs of others, and of the group - ahead of their own needs.

Slytherins are what I would compare to the red personality type. They like to get things done, and if that takes too much time for them - or someone else for that matter, they get frustrated and restless. You will often see Slytherins in leading positions, not always because they're the best person for the job, but because they know their strengths and are good at conveying them.

Also, Slytherins are more often introverts than not, and they don't want people up in their business. One of the most bothersome things for them is people who never stop talking and never get to the point (read: Gryffindors).