Chapter 1

I was walking with my friends from school that day. "Hey do you remember what the homework was?" I asked my friend Sabrina as she just laughed at me. "Why are you always so forgetful" "I don't know it is in my personality" I said doing a hair flip as she laughed. I saw a kid in the middle of the road trying to get a ball he dropped I quickly ran towards him hearing my friend scream my name as I pushed the boy out of the way saving his life. That's when I saw lights then darkness like I was in a sea of black. I felt like I was drowning. Water going in my lungs like I couldn't breath. Then I saw a light again but this time. I wasn't on the street but a garden of roses all wet. "GET HER OUT NOW!" Yelled a voice as I turned to a women. She had dark skin, black long braids going down her back. Her eyes golden. I felt two people pick me up as they dragged me inside as I kept looking at the fair maiden. Once they brought me inside maids stripped me of my wet clothes and put me in a white nightgown being cold and confused I asked one of the maids a question.
"What's going on? What happened?"
"You don't remember Samatha? You jumped in the river to try to kill yourself. You didn't want to be the mistress's slave" said one of the maids as she combed my hair out. "Sadly you failed. Now she's angry and insulted. How can you be so stupid" said the other maid as she did my makeup.
Slave? Killing myself? I am definitely no longer in New Jersey.