Chapter 7 (please just read this one, I'm BEGGING you)

As Keith started to wake up from his slumber, he found a pair of ocean-colored eyes piercing at him from the corner of his room.

"Uh, Lance? Can I help you...?" asked Keith as he sat up in his bed, grabbing his jacket quickly before Lance could realize what he was doing.

"Don't even think about grabbing that jacket of yours, Kogane. I saw everything." said Lance sternly, his footsteps becoming more evident as the sun-kissed boy walked up to Keith's bedside.

The hybrid's irises shrunk in size due to fear, but before he could hide it, Lance pulled off Keith's jacket and blanket down.

As the Cuban grabbed Keith's forearm tightly, he yelled, "KEITH HOW COULD YOU?! YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T FUCKING CUT YOURSELF AGAIN!"

"Lance, I-" stuttered Keith, tears starting to form in the corners of his violaceous-colored eyes.

"YOU WHAT, KEITH?! WHAT? YOU JUST WANT ALL THIS PAIN AND SUFFERING TO END?! YOU WANT TO JUST FUCKING KILL YOURSELF?!" exclaimed Lance, tears falling down his tanned skin like would never stop.

This pained Keith immensely with something far worse than death. To see someone he cared for a lot in so much pain as well.

"Lance..." murmured Keith, now grabbing Lance's forearm to connect each other. "I can't promise you happiness, and I can't promise you that you'll be satisfied with something like me..."

Lance started to look up at his raven-haired lover.

"I've never felt like this before... It's just all so much to take in... All of these mixed feelings of love, hate- these thoughts of just wanting to end it all because I know you deserve someone way better than me. You're not the cause of my current mental state, Lance, but I just... a small portion of this was because you always seemed to be so happy with Allura... That alone made me realize that if you liked Allura... then... what was the reason to ever be with me."

"Keith, Allura could never be someone I would be interested in at this point. I swear." chuckled Lance softly, his tears starting to stop trickling down his cheeks.

"I understand... Lance?"

"Yeah?"

"... please leave. I would like to just have some time to think about my mental state... alone." said Keith, looking at the ground. Soon afternoon he heard and saw the soles of Lance's feet get up and leave the room, leaving Keith alone to himself.

But little did Lance know, that would be one of the last times he would talk to Keith.

~

"Keith?" said Lance from the other side of the door. "Are you there?"

No answer, only pure silence.

"Okay, I'll just leave the plate of goo outside your door..... When you're hungry, you know where the food is..." chuckled Lance, his smile returning to a sad expression.

That night, Keith took the plate of goo, and ate it. "Thank you, Lance...." whispered Keith as he slowly ate the goo on his plate.

~

"Keith? I know you're probably not gonna answer me from the other side, but...do you want to train or something? You know, just like old times...." asked Lance, quietly knocking on his boyfriend's door.

Again, no response; just silence.

"Okay, well, I'll just be next door then... You know where my room is, heh-heh...." said Lance as he returned to his room.