Part 5

Two weeks later
Amanda's pov
I woke up the next morning wrapped up around in Simons arms and turned around in them to see him still fast asleep, I sighed knowing this was the last time I would be in his arms for the next nine months, I touched his face that was covered in stubble that had grown through the night "Morning darling" Simon whispered hoarsely "Morning babe" I said stroking his cheek, Simon opened his eyes and looked right into mine "I'm really going to miss you" Simon whispered "I'm going to miss you too" I whispered leaning forward and kissed his forehead, "I should probably start to get ready now" Simon whispered giving me a quick kiss before climbing out of the bed and putting on a pair of his boxers and then walking into the bathroom to shower, shave and brush his teeth. When he came back out I watched as his put on his uniform and then sat down on the bed to put on his combat boots, I sighed getting out of bed and putting on his shirt that he left on the side of the bed and also went into the bathroom to get ready so I could drop him off at the military base and say goodbye to him. "Are you ready?" I asked coming out of the bathroom wrapped in only a towel and saw him sitting against the headboard watching me quietly, but not in a creepy way more like a loving way like the way David looks at Alesha "I'm as ready as I ever will be I guess" Simon sighed I also sighed putting on clean underwear before putting on a pair of black sweatpants one of Simons whites shirts and his black hoodie "you are so cute" I heard Simon say and turned around to see him smiling at me "thank you handsome" I smiled climbing on the bed next to him and hugging him tightly, he hugged me back just as tightly and kissed the top of my head "I love you" He whispered "I love you too, so much" I whispered tearfully "please promise you'll come back" I begged but a part of me knew he wouldn't because he hadn't been able to every time I asked him to "you know I can't" Simon whispered "Why?" I cried into his chest "Because its bad luck to promise someone that when you get deployed and if I don't come back I don't want you to think I didn't honor my promise" Simon whispered rubbing my back in a comforting manner, a cried into his chest for a couple of minutes until he told me we had to leave so we walked to the car together in silence me with tears running down my cheeks and him looking upset, he opened my car door for me before closing it after I got in mumbling a small thanks, he nodded getting into the passenger side. The drove was silent and I was holding his hand the whole way and the closer we got the harder it was not to cry again, I looked at him when we part the car and he looked at me and leaned forward placing one last kiss on my lips, I kissed him back for bit until we both pulled away, Simon kissed all over my face a couple of times and I chucked a bit "there you go that's what I wanted to hear" He said smiling at me as he pulled away still holding my face in his hands "you're so sweet" I smiled touching his face now "I know" Simon joked I laughed tearing up again "don't cry please, you are going to make me cry" Simon whispered also tearing up "Sorry" I whispered wiping my tears that had now fallen and wiped his that were starting to fall "we should probably get out of this car now" I sighed "yeah" Simon whispered, we both climbed out together and walked to the trunk, Simon opened it and got his bag out before putting it on the floor next to us and pulling me into a tight embrace, I hugged him back just as tightly and tried not to cry again "I'll see you in 9 months" Simon whispered lifting my chin up and kissing me, "9 months" I whispered hugging him again much like the rest of the other soldiers were doing around us with their wives or girlfriends, I felt Simon pulling away after a couple of minutes and I really didn't want to let go of him but I knew I had to so I did "Bye love" Simon whispered "Bye, I love you" I whispered tearing up again "I love you too" Simon whispered "Simon let's go" David sighed putting his hand on Simons shoulder "I'm coming just hold on" Simon said taking off his dog tags and giving them to me with a half smile before turning around and walking to the plane with David both of them carrying their bags "you never get used to it" Alesha said standing next to me in tears "yeah I don't think I'm going to get used to this" I whispered holding on tightly to Simons necklace.

Alesha and I silently watched in tears as the plane took off, "Do you want to stay at my place tonight?" Alesha asked wiping her tears but still looking devastated "Yeah, I don't want to be alone right now" I sighed looking at Simons dog tags that I was still holding onto, I put them on myself then wiping away some tears. Alesha and I both got into our separate cars and drove to her house, when we got their we walked to the living room and dropped onto the couches, I snuggled further into Simons shirt and hoodie happy that it smelled like him.