Part 8

Simon woke with a soft groan feeling his head pounding, "Where am I? He whispered opening his eyes to see a bright light and a silhouette of a man walking towards him, 'am I losing my mind?', he thought as the man came closer and closer, "Get up!" the figure shouted hitting the bars in front of him that he had just now noticed, "I am up" Simon said which seemed to piss the man in front of him off a lot because he pulled out his pistol and aimed it at him, "Try to run and ill shoot you" The man snarled opening the cage Simon was laid in, Simon nodded crawling out and then standing up when he was out the cage, 'why am I here?' he thought to himself before feeling the guy hit him on the back and telling him to walk to a room.

Once inside the room Simon saw three other men standing there with guns looking at him like he just murdered their family, "sit!' The guys behind him shouted pushing him onto a chair, "I suggest answering our questions now rather than later" one of the others guys said getting in Simons face, Simon just nodded finally remembering what happened to him and why he was there. "Where are they going next?" the guy asked "I don't know" Simon lied with a shrug "You're lying you do know!" The guy shouted hitting the table in front of Simon, "I am not lying" Simon said looking at the table then the guy "I'm going to ask you one more time where they are going to go and if you don't tell me we are getting to beat it out of you" He said grabbing Simon by his throat "Where are they going?" He asked through gritted teeth, "I still don't know" Simon said instantly feeling the mans gripped around his throat tighten, Simon desperately tried to get the guy to let go of his throat while he lifted him and then threw him to the ground so that the other guys could hit him and try to get something out of him, "Just tell us!" One said hitting him on the ribs with a stick, but Simon didn't say anything instead he just got into a fetal position and tried not to make a sound as he was beaten.

After several hours of beatings and questioning the same guy that took him there dragged his bloody, broken body back his cell in the middle of a sandy courtyard of a building, "Eat" He said throwing Simon into the cell that now had metal dog bowl full of water and a slice of bread next to it, Simon lied back ignoring the guys instruction as he looked the cell and walked away, "You should really eat this is the only time we get any food", Simon lifted his head and looked towards the voice surprised to see a really thin looking guy in a cell next to him "I don't want to right now" Simon whispered putting his head back down as the pain coursed through his body "Suit yourself" The guy said "I'm Michael by the way" He added, "What's yours?" He asked when Simon hadn't answered "Simon" he mumbled not in the mood for talking, "British right?" Michael asked clearly not getting Simons hint, "mhm" came Simons response "I'm from America, West Virginia to be more specific" He said, "Where in England are you from?" he asked, "Hertfordshire" Simon mumbled, "Oh cool, never heard of the place" Michael said sounding far to happy "Anyways, I've been here for 6 months and the guy that was in the cell before you was killed because he told them what they wanted to now" Michael said catching Simons attention "That's a long time" Simon said pulling his body up to lean on the bars of the cell, "Yeah, they haven't hurt someone as badly as they have with you on the first day of being here" Michael said noticing the dried up blood on Simons face and shirt, "Must mean they really want to know something" He added as Simon carefully took the beard next to him and ate it "What did they ask you?" He asked, Simon looked at him for a bit deciding if he should tell him but deciding against it so he just shrugged and went back to lying down, "you tired?" Michael asked "Yup" Simon said popping the 'p', "Okay ill let you sleep then" Michael said lying back in his cell "Thanks" Simon mumbled falling asleep slowly.