Chapter eleven: Coming home and starting again

When I stepped off the train and onto the platform I had a million butterflies in my stomach. But all that washed away when I saw the smiling face of Mom and Dudley. I ran over to them and Mom wrapped me up in a big bear hug. 

She was muttering things like 'I am so happy' "Your back' and 'I love you' . 

Once we pulled away I hugged Dudley with just as much joy. When we were finished I looked around for Draco to say goodbye. 

When I spotted him I yelled "See you Draco!" He looked over and said something to his parents before running over. 

"Don't you dare forget to Owl me." He said in a mock stern voice. 

"Never." I said in a mock surprised and shocked voice. We laughed and I turned to introduce  him to my family. 

"Draco this is my Mom and this is Dudley." He smiled and replied with his hand out stretched 

"Pleasure to meet you." 

"The pleasure is mine and please call me Petunia." He turned to Dudley and did the same. Then behind us Draco's parents were standing. 

"Hello I am Harry." I introduced. 

"Oh I totally forgot to introduce you Mom Dad this is Harry, Harry this is My Mom and Dad." They smiled at me. 

"Hopefully he didn't get you into too much mischief at school and please call us Narcissa and Lucius." I nodded 

"No nothing I can't handle." I commented which earnt me a slap from Draco, which only made me chuckle. 

"Anyway we must be off now but the boys should catch up in the holidays, that way we could get better acquainted." Narcissa said to my Mom. 

"That would be lovely." She replied. 

"Come on Dragon time to go." "Okay bye Harry Owl me when you are free and we can sort something out." I nodded. 

"See ya later Draco!" I turned back to Mom and Dud when they had left. 

"Wow these wizards have really good manners." She commented. 

"Yeah definitely." I laughed. 

"Anyway lets go we have your favorite cooking." A wide smile arose on my face and we left heading for home. 

Lilly's POV:
I watched as Harry ran over to Petunia with a wide smile. He looked at peace and so joyful. Oh what I would give for him to run and hug me like that. James saw me staring and whispered, 

"Lilly it's okay we will get our turn one day we just have to be patient." I nodded not truly believing the words. I continued to watch the encounter from the corner of my eye.

Even the Malfoy's get a warmer welcome than we do, I thought sadly. I watched as he happily walked away heading home. The overwhelming guilt was crushing me. Harder and harder every day and there was nothing I could do to stop it. 

Back to Harry

Later that evening Iaid there. Wide awake unable to turn my mind off. 

A soft knock broke me out of my thoughts and I whispered, "Come in." Mom walked in slowly and asked,

 "Can't sleep?"

 I shook my head and she sighed and sat down next to my bed. "Was it this bad at school?" 

I shook my head "No?"

"No it was weird though, the room I was in was surrounded in magic that some how comforted me." 

She looked surprised. " Mom?"