Chapter eighteen: McGonagall and Dueling classes.

It was early the next morning when the next body was discovered. It was released to the students as an act of personification.  There would be dueling lessons for second years to better prepare them. It was added to the end of most days classes. During dada mainly. Harry Potter and his friends all had Transfiguration then their first dueling lesson in dada.

There was a aerie silence as Hermione asked about the Chamber Of Secrets. It was a question that Harry listened to intently. 

"Well Ms Granger, this story starts all the way back to the founders, The four founders of Hogwarts were Godric Gryffindor, Rewena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin. They were the best and unlikely of friends until one day Salazar decided that he only wanted to teach the 'pure' wizards and witches. The rest dis agreed and the four friends grew apart and once they left they all left things for their descendants hidden in the castle. Helga a goblet, Rewena a tiara, Godric his sword and Salazar a pocket watch. I was rumored however that Salazar also left a chamber." McGonagall told the class.

"What was rumored lay inside the chamber?" Hermione asked.

"A monster, a beast feared above all. But naturally the castle has been searched many times and no such chamber has been found." McGonagall said what she believed to be reassuringly. 

"But Professor how hasn't it been found?" Harry asked.

"Well it is said that only the descendant of Salazar himself can get in." She replied. 

"And who is that?" Harry asked. 

McGonagall sighed, "The last known descendant of Salazar Slytherin is... Tom Riddle." 

There was a series of gasps all around the room. 

"Now back to the lesson." McGonagall said trying to re direct the conversation. 

Harry looked to Draco who sat on his right, who curiously, didn't seem fazed. "Why don't you seem surprised?" Harry whispered to Draco.

Draco looked at him for a few seconds before replying, "Some facts get blury over time, and only some have the vision to see them." He said cryptically, then turned back to the lesson and continued to write notes.

Harry pondered over this statement for a while. Only when the lesson was over he came to the conclusion that Draco knew something even History didn't and he would bet anything it had something to do with Dobby's mysterious master.

-------------------------------------------

By the time it was dada the dooms day story was gone from everyones minds and they were all buzzing with excitement to be taught to duel. 

Harry however was watching everyone with a new mindset. Searching for clues. He was also excited to finally try his dueling stances and spells he read about but he was much more... Cautious than he was before. It didn't make sense, Tom Riddle to be the heir and the chamber to be opened. That was Harry's guess as to what was 'blurred to some' as Draco said. Maybe Riddle has a heir or someone else has the same talent as the heir. Which right now he was confused as to what it was. He would research that later.

"Alright class," Lockhart said jumping onto the platform which made Harry and Draco roll their eyes to, "In this class you will learn to defend yourself from many dangers as I have has to do on many occasions, for full description see my published works." 

Once again Draco and Harry rolled their eyes and all the girls sighed, "What idiots, who would fall for this?" Draco said to Harry.

Harry gestured to the girls at the front next to the stage gripping Lockhart's cloak, "Them apparently." The two boys started laughing and Lockhart noticed them.