Chapter Thirty Six: The Triwizard tournament announcement

The rest of the holidays flew past and it was time for Harry and Draco to go back to school.

However due to the staff change, with McGonagall as Headmistress, and Harry and Draco being mates they were allowed their own room together.

This however still didn't change much seeing as Draco simply moved his stuff into Harry's room at the end of the hall.

It was the night of the welcome back feast except there was more than one change in the staffing, not only was there new teachers such as a random lady with the most atrocious pink outfit, as the new defense against the dark arts position.

"What do you think the ministry doing here?" Harry whispered to Draco.

"I dunno, dad didn't go into work for the holidays because he was with us so we haven't heard anything." Draco whispered back.

It wasn't long before they were to find out.

"Now students, welcome to your new houses, they will be like your family whilst you stay here." McGonagall started.

"As many of you may have noticed, there is two Ministry officials here. One being the new Defense against the dark arts teacher Professor Umbridge."

Headmistress McGonagall waited for applause and after there was only a few claps she continued, "Well anyway, she is not only here to teach but to investigate the school seeing as Albus Dumbledore previously ran it." 

The overly pink lady inclined her head slightly with an overly smug face.

"The other Ministry official is Barty Crouch Sr and he is here to introduce an old competition that the Ministry has decided to re instate." McGonagall waved her hand towards the man as he stepped forward to take over.

"The Triwizard Tournament is a dangerous and very competitive tournament only meant for the bravest of souls. The winner will receive fame and glory. "  Barty Couch Sr said as he made his way to the front. At those words

"Due to the high death toll this competition hasn't been run for many many years. Because the Ministry has decided to continue the tournament this doesn't mean it will be the same. In light of the deaths in the past, no student younger than 17 can enter." Crouch said which caused an up roar between most students under the age of 17, especially from the Weasley twins which made Harry chuckle. 

"Students please," Crouch yelled causing everyone to fall into a stunned silence. 

"Know that if you do enter into this challenge you will be entering  alone. No aid will be given in these challenges. Enter at your own risk for there has been bloodshed before and we do not need anymore." The man said seriously.

"With that in mind, be careful and polite, as two other schools will be joining us for this competition. You will receive more information in a few weeks when they all arrive."  McGonagall said as she took over.

"Until then focus on your school work and don't forget to have fun. Let the feast begin!" She said with  a large smile.

"It sucks how we can't enter." Theo said once everyone was eating.

"Yeah, fame and glory does sound pretty good." Blaise commented smiling at his boyfriend.

"Nah, I don't think so, not after reading about the past tournaments, it's a miracle anyone survived and you'd have to be stupid to enter." Harry said.

"Says you Harry you already have fame and glory." Pansy teased.

To which Harry simply stuck out his tongue at her.

 A/N Hey guys sorry this is so short I have been really short on time as I am getting ready to see my family. I will be gone for a while and won't be able to upload whilst I am there. But anyway have a good day/night everyone!