Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Infirmary

The next day Harry awoke to people bustling around and an extremely bright line.

Harry couldn't help but groan, no matter how often you wake up in the infirmary, it never gets better.

"Harry?" Draco's tired voice called out.

"Yeah I'm here," Harry croaked out, his voice hoarse from all of the potions Bris forced him to drink, them all leaving him with a rather dry throat.

"Harry!" Draco exclaimed as he grabbed the water glass next to his bed, "Drink this."

Draco softly passed him the glass.

Harry gave Draco a weak smile before drinking the cold liquid hungrily.

"That is so much better thank you," Harry exclaimed happily as he sat up further in his bed.

"Mr Potter! What are you doing?!" Madame Pomfrey yelled as she saw the young boy, who had only the other day been stabbed, sitting up in his bed as if nothing had even happened to him.

"What?" Harry asked confused.

"You shouldn't be moving!" Madame Pomfrey fused as she tried to reason with the extremely stubborn boy.

"I'm fine, Bris healed me so really, I am as good as new," Harry reassured her, he even went as far as to do a little stretch to prove his point.

She sighed, there were just some kids that really ground her gears, but unfortunately for her, she had a soft spot for this odd pair.

"Well you at least have to let me check," She replied calmly.

Harry smiled, "Of course," He chirped.

'Trust Harry to be this chirpy after literally being stabbed,' Draco thought warmly.

Madame Pomfrey promptly went to flicking her wand around manically.

She gave the boy one last wary look before replying, "You seem to be fine, but I still want you to stay the night here."

"Bu-" Harry tried to reason.

"This is non-negotiable!" Madame Pomfrey exclaimed.

There were some things that even Harry knew you shouldn't cross, Madame Pomfrey's orders were one of them.

"Yes Miss," Harry whispered, "Can Draco at least stay as well?"

The stern witch looked in between the two hopeful faces in front of her and gave out a big sigh, "Yes you may but no talking past lights out!"

The two boys feverishly nodded their heads, trying desperately not to do anything that will make her change her mind.

"Your families are in the Great Hall with Professor Snape and Professor Potter, both of your families, I will tell them that you are awake and I will bring back some food for the both of you," Madame Pomfrey said before promptly walking out of the room, leaving the two boys in silence.

"You know Harry, you really have to stop scaring me like this, I will have a premature heart attack if you don't" Draco warned him seriously.

Harry chuckled slightly, "I will try but you know how I am,"

Draco chuckled as well, "That is true."

Once they had both sobered up Harry whispered, "Thank you, I didn't think I was going to survive that,"

"That's why I felt it, I felt you drifting away from me, and I heard-" Draco seemed to rearrange his words in his mind before saying, "Can I try something?"