Chapter Forty-Nine: The First Task

The next morning Harry woke up feeling refreshed and confident for the first time in weeks. 

He and Draco had spent the entire rest of the day researching shield spells, water spells and the weakest places for Dragons of all species.

Draco, however, woke up to a small and happy smile facing him.

"Morning beautiful," Harry whispered to him.

"Morning," Draco whispered back smiling sleepily at him.

"Ready for today?" Draco asked concerned.

"Thanks to you," Harry replied with a smile.

Draco smiled widely before looking slightly defeated, "Promise me you'll be careful..." Draco whispered.

"I promise," Harry said with conviction.

Draco smiled once more before replying, "Good now let's get ready to show whatever son of a gun put your name in the Goblet who not to mess with."

Harry chuckled, "Sounds good love,"

The two of them then got out of the warm comfort of their bed and got ready for the day.

Harry opted to wear athletic long black pants and a lightweight emerald green t-shirt.

Draco, on the other hand, decided to wear a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

Satisfied with how they looked they headed down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

In the common room waiting for them was Kai, Victor, Pansy, Blaise, Theo and Anthony.

"Hey guys!" Draco beamed as he walked over to them.

"Hey! They all said in unison.

"Hey, Anthony long time no see," Harry said smiling.

He suddenly looked awkward, "Yeah sorry about that I was uh..." Anthony trailed off.

"Relax," Harry chuckled before whispering, "I saw you by the stairs the other night with Hannah Abbott, congrats!"

Anthony went slightly pink in the face but none the less replied, "Thanks, I just came to say good luck and I am totally rooting for you!" 

"Thanks, but I plan on disqualifying myself as soon as possible!" Harry laughed.

"You see Harry's no fun I, on the other hand, am rooting for Victor all the way," Arthur said walking smoothly over to the group.

Harry laughed and Victor looked longingly at the other boy.

"Hey Arthur, I see you've taken my advice," Harry said with a wink to the other boy.

"Yes it was very helpful thank you, so Victor I was wondering if you would like to go to Hogsmeade this weekend with me?" Arthur asked.

"Oh uh I'm sorry I promised Kai I would go with-" Victor started awkwardly before he was sacked in his side by Kai.

"I'm going with the others so..." Kai told Victor suddenly.

"Oh okay um then... I'd love to." Victor beamed at Arthur.

"I will count the hours," Arthur said smoothly before kissing Victor's hand and walking back to his group of friends with a beaming smile.

"Well then on that happy note shall we?" Draco said after a few seconds of stunned silence.

"Yep, Mom and Dudley should be here soon." Harry beamed.

The group then turned and walked towards the Great Hall in a quiet comfortable conversation.