Chapter 6

Elizabeth was exhausted after pulling an all nighter, but it was worth it. She memorized all of Be More Chill and Dear Evan Hansen. Big fish was next on the list. She continued scrolling through musicals when she heard footsteps approaching. She looked up to find Pietro standing in front of her cell. She took out only one of her earbuds, as she wanted to continue listening to her music.

     "Hi, enjoying your music?"

     "Yeah," She glanced at the ground, still contemplating about socializing with the Avengers.

     "What music do you listen to?"

     "Musicals."

     "Oh really?" He seemed amused, "I thought you would be interested in something 'edgy' like heavy metal."

     "Well... I like musicals," she paused, wondering where this conversation was going. "So... what made you come down here? Do you want information or something? Cuz if so, it's not gonna happen-"

     "No, no. I just wanted to talk to you."

     "...Why?" She gave him a baffled look.

     "I think you are interesting, is talking to you a problem?"

     "No... I'm just not used to it I guess. Nobody ever 'just wanted to talk' to me at HYDRA. I figured it was something important," she thought for a moment, "You think I'm interesting?"

     "Of course I do."

     "...How am I interesting?"

     "Well, first of all your condition with music and colors is interesting. And you haven't experienced many basic things in life. I want to help you adjust back into the real world."

     "I don't think there is a place for me in the real world. It's probably best I stick to what I know."

     "Back to hurting people? To living a restricted life?" He wore a slightly disappointed look.

     "It's all I've ever done in life, I don't know how to change it."

     "We can help you."

     "I don't want your help right now."

     "You may not want it, but you need it."

     "I just got here, against my will to remind you, and now everyone expects me to change? Yeah I know HYDRA is full of shitty people, but I've spent my entire life there, how am I supposed to change immediately for strangers who say 'HYDRA is bad'? I appreciate the music and how everyone has been treating me, but I can't just trust everyone after a day. You could be tricking me for all I know," she sighed, trying to calm herself down. "I just, I don't want to talk about it right now. I'll make decisions later, I just can't at the moment."

     "Ok... Sorry to be so pushy."

     "It's fine, I guess," Elizabeth began to ignore Pietro as she listened to her music. She periodically scanned the room taking in the colors. Pietro took notice of how absorbed she was with the music and world around her.

"You know, it bothers me that this is your first time seeing color for years, and yet you are stuck down here."

"Well you guys would be idiots to let me roam the tower. I don't expect you to make that mistake," she glanced back at her phone, scrolling through her YouTube playlist, mostly consisting of musicals. Pietro sighed, grabbing her attention.

"Well, what if I brought some color to you?"

"How?" After her questioning, Pietro thought for a moment.

"I will be right back, don't go anywhere."

"I couldn't exactly go anywhere if I wanted to."

"Well... Yeah, that was silly," Pietro chuckled to himself as he zipped off.

Elizabeth walked over to her bed and sat down, continuing to listen to her music. Why is he being so nice to her? Why are any of them being nice to her? Isn't she the enemy, aren't they her enemy? Is this some sick trick? It's only been a day and yet she is questioning everything. She definitely doesn't trust the Avengers, but she also isn't disregarding everything they say. HYDRA taught her that they are the enemy, but why is the enemy treating her better than HYDRA ever did. She let out a deep sigh, then opened her eyes. Pietro was standing in front of her cell, with something in his arms.

"Sorry it took so long."

"You were only gone for five minutes..."

"Yes, the lady in front of me was taking forever in the self checkout. I bought you a coloring book and a pack of 64 colored pencils."

"What am I, eight?"

"This is an adult coloring book. My sister colors all the time, there is nothing wrong with it."

"Thank you," She whispered as she reached for the coloring supplies, but Pietro pulled the items away, just out of her reach.

     "Whoa, whoa, whoa. These are not your's yet."

     "What? Why not?"

     "I would like to trade your name for the coloring book and pencils," he smirked. She sighed in response, a small grin forming on her face.

     "Elizabeth. My name is Elizabeth."

     "Elizabeth. I like that name."

     "Thanks. It was a birthday gift," Pietro laughed at her remark, and she let out a chuckle as well. "But don't tell anyone else yet. I'll tell them my name later... If I feel like it."

     "Ok, your secret is safe with me," he looked down at the items in his hands. "I believe these belong to you," he handed her the art supplies through the cell bars.

     "Thanks. Also, I'm surprised you bought them when you have super speed. Couldn't you just steal it?"

     "No," he sighed, scratching his head. "I gave up that life a while ago. When I joined the Avengers actually."

     "Right, because the 'almighty' heroes don't steal. Don't know what I expected," she opened up the colored pencils, admiring the color since she was still partially listening to music. She didn't realize how many shades a single color could come in until now. "These are beautiful."

     "I am glad you like it," he saw her eagerness to begin coloring as she skimmed through the pages of complex lineart. "I will leave you alone to your coloring now. See you later, Eliza," that nickname seemed familiar to her for some reason, but she couldn't pinpoint why.

     Then it hit her. That was the nickname her mother used to call her, she almost dropped her pencils and art-book in shock. How could such a coincidence happen?

     She tried to shrug it off as she studied the first page in her art book. The page was filled with uncolored flowers, with vines wrapped around them. These flowers weren't going to color themselves, might as well start coloring. She wondered what color she would start with, maybe... light blue?

Sorry that not that much happened in this chapter, it was basically a filler. I still wanted to include it though because it helps develop character. Peace out :)