Chapter 7

A week had passed and Elizabeth still wasn't open to giving information at the moment, Natasha was searching the internet for anything she could find on HYDRA.

"Found anything yet, Nat?" Rogers asked, placing a hand on the back of her chair to view the computer.

"Nothing really, except for the fact that they are looking for the girl. Although it looks like most of HYDRA thinks she's dead."

"Do you think they might come looking for her? How did you find this information?"

"I found some messages sent back and forth between HYDRA agents, but I can't get a location and this is the only conversation I could find. And to answer your other question..." she scrolled through the conversation, trying to find a suspicious message. "Right here, this is the only message that mentions us. I'm guessing HYDRA thinks it's unlikely that we could manage to kidnap her, but they might still investigate. We should keep security a high priority right now."

"Got it, I'll warn Stark."

———

Eliza used to not be able to stand Pietro, but now he was the one person she has felt semi-comfortable with in a long time. If only he wasn't an Avenger, if HYDRA ever managed to recapture her, he would be her enemy. Elizabeth typically doesn't have a problem with killing people, she has trained to be indifferent to it, but she can't stand the thought of killing Pietro.

Elizabeth colors away while listening to her favorite musicals, trying to push her racing thoughts out of her mind.

She heard footsteps approaching and looked up to see Pietro standing outside of her cell.

"Still listening to musicals?"

"...Yeah," she noticed he was holding a folder. "What's that for? Are there files inside?"

"No, I was wondering if I could color with you. I brought it to color paper on."

"Oh. Yeah, sure," she ripped a paper out of her coloring book and handed it to Pietro through the cell bars, along with a handful of colored pencils. The two colored in silence for a while, sitting back to back, but Pietro began to grow impatient.

"This takes so long."

"That's kind of the point."

"But why should I color slowly when I can just do this?" He used his speed to color the entire paper within seconds.

"Because it takes the fun out of it. Coloring is supposed to take a while to clear your mind. It's all about patience."

"But I do not have the patience."

"Well that I know," she let out a small laugh. "Here, try again. No super speed this time," she handed him another piece of paper.

"Ok, ok. I will do things your way."

While coloring, one of Elizabeth's favorite songs came on. She debated about singing in front of Pietro, but she couldn't help it. She had to sing along. (The YouTube video at the very top is the song she is singing) Pietro wore a shocked facial expression that she couldn't see because his back was facing her, he had no idea she could sing.

———

At the end of the song, Pietro finally brought himself to ask her a question.