Chapter 20

As planned, Pietro carried Elizabeth towards the HYDRA base. They came across multiple HYDRA soldiers guarding the building, all of which the two took out with ease. Pietro dashed into lines of soldiers, taking entire clusters of enemies out at once. Eliza on the other hand, used her strength to quickly take down soldiers one on one. The couple's speed and strength made them a very powerful, compatible duo.

Once all of the enemies circling the perimeter were cleared out, the flyers swooped in to help find a point of entry. Pietro and Elizabeth watched as their friends weaved between trees and any other obstacles. They of course had to fly close to the ground, as they didn't want to set off any more missiles. Vision arrived first, and approached the couple.

"Where should we break in?" Vision asked in his overly polite voice. Before Elizabeth could respond, Tony quickly swooped in.

"Friday, check for any weak spots," commanded Tony. Friday scanned along the outside of the building, a blue light emitting as Friday trailed along the wall. The light centered in on one location, pinpointing an area with faulty structuring. Tony blasted the wall, marking the weak spot for the team to see. "There, we need heavy fire on this spot."

By now the rest of the flyers were making their way to the base, while taking out a few new enemies along the way. Tony explained where the point of entry would be, which lead Wanda to attack it first. Vision joined in, blasting the wall along with Wanda's scarlet powers. The wall began to crumble, with Natasha, Bucky, Clint, and Steve arriving just in time. So far the plan was working flawlessly. If their luck kept up, the team would be in and out in no time.

     "Alright Avengers, next plan," Steve was rushing to give orders before they were bombarded with HYDRA soldiers. "Elizabeth, Pietro, Wanda, and Bucky will look for the leader. Tony, Rhodey, and Vision will look for any blueprints and plans they have laying around. Nat, Clint, Sam, and I will focus on clearing out the enemies. You three will provide backup if anyone needs it," Steve was interrupted by gunfire blazing in their direction, which Wanda luckily shielded the team with her magic. "Avengers, split up now!"

The three groups made their separate ways, taking down any HYDRA soldiers along the way. Elizabeth sprinted with her friends down the hallways, unsure of where to go. Where could the leader be hiding? No amount of planning could prepare them for this.

———

Tony, Rhodey, and Vision bursted through a window, finding themselves in a lab. There were countless guards within the lab, clearly they were protecting something. The three easily took down their enemies, and inspected the room. Tony sat down at a computer desk, and began typing.

"Well, HYDRA already knows we're here. A little hacking won't hurt at this point," Tony concluded as he began searching through their files. Luckily, he happened to carry a flash drive on him.

"Wouldn't Nat be a better option for hacking?" Rhodey questioned.

"Natasha is only slightly better at hacking than me, this shouldn't be too hard."

"Uh huh," Rhodey rolled his eyes with a small smile on his face. "Ok Vision, let's look around for any loose blueprints."

———

Natasha, Clint, Sam, and Steve were a very powerful team. The group was successfully clearing the hallways of HYDRA soldiers, creating a safer mission for their friends. Less enemies meant their teammates could easily focus on the task at hand.

     A group of HYDRA soldiers turned the corner, and began firing upon the group. Steve blocked most of the incoming bullets, and the rest of the group managed to dodge the rest of them. Natasha and Sam returned fire on the soldiers, taking all of their enemies down.