Chapter 10

"Where is Pietro?" Asked Wanda. The entire team had been looking for him all morning. He typically sleeps in, but he wasn't in his room, and they looked practically everywhere in the tower for him. Wanda tried calling him multiple times, but he never picked up. They also haven't seen Elizabeth, what if she betrayed them and did something to him? There was only one way to find out.

Wanda knocked on Elizabeth's door, waiting for a response. There was no answer, but she had to check anyways. It would be extremely suspicious and worrying if both of them were gone. She opened the door to find Pietro and Elizabeth bundled up in a blanket, with his arms wrapped tightly around her. Elizabeth stirred and picked her head up, looking at Wanda from behind both her and Pietro's shoulders.

"What happened here?" Wanda gave the two a knowing look. Pietro opened his eyes and turned to see his sister. It took him a bit to process what was happening.

"Oh, we slept together," Elizabeth answered.

"You what?" Wanda looked at her with shocked eyes, surprised by how blunt she was. Pietro drowsily laughed at Elizabeth's answer. Elizabeth finally processed what she had just said.

"Wait, wait, wait. I didn't mean it like that. We didn't do that. I meant he slept in my bed for the night. I had a nightmare and he came in to comfort me," Wanda smiled, giving Elizabeth a suspicious look. But, she read her mind and knew she was telling the truth.

"Ok, we were just wondering where Pietro was. You two can go back to 'sleeping with' each other," she walked away laughing.

"Oh, we slept together," Pietro mocked her, using a feminine voice to match hers.

"I was tired and couldn't think straight!" The two laughed at the scenario together. Pietro pulled her closer to him and nuzzled his face back into her neck.

"I am still tired, we should go back to sleep."

     "We are already awake, we might as well get up," she tried to get out of bed but he refused to let go, and groaned when she tried to escape his arms.

     "Pietro!" She laughed. He pulled her back into his arms and rolled on top of her.

     "Now you will not escape," he tucked his head under her chin and wrapped his arms under her back.

     "Let me gooooo," she said unenthusiastically, as she didn't truly want to leave his warmth. She ran her hand through his hair, twirling it around with her finger.

———

     When Pietro finally released her, the two got dressed and made their way to the living room. Tony wiggles his eyebrows at them, which made Steve nudge him in response.

"Hey, Elizabeth," Natasha started the conversation. "Wanda and I were wondering if you wanted to have a girl's night. We can have a sleepover in my room."

"That sounds fun, I've never had a sleepover before," she looked over at Pietro. "Well, with girls," everyone laughed at her last remark.

"It is settled then," says Wanda. After a moment of silence, Steve felt that he should ask Elizabeth something.

"Elizabeth, I'm sorry to bring it up again, but do you think there is anything else you can tell us about HYDRA?" She should have told him that HYDRA is contacting her. She should have told him that they set a deadline for their assassinations. She should have told him that she was supposed to be the assassin. But instead, she just named a few HYDRA leaders, and what bases they were located at. Everyone thought she was being a big help, but she wasn't, at least in her opinion.