Chapter 17

A few weeks after rejoining the Avengers, Elizabeth and Bucky had become frequent training buddies. They are compatible because like herself, Bucky also has super strength. Sure, Steve has super strength as well, but he is typically much more busy than Bucky. At the moment, Steve was busy discussing something with Tony. It probably has something to do with HYDRA, considering they have been so relevant recently. Elizabeth was lost in her thoughts, but a metal arm to the gut pulled her out of her rambling mind.

"Eliza, you okay? You seem kind of out of it today. Typically you put up a fight," Elizabeth had to steady her breath before she could answer.

"I'm fine," she paused before confessing. "I've just been having a lot of nightmares lately. I can't help but feel that something is wrong."

"Since all of your senses were enhanced, does that include your sixth sense?" Bucky joked.

"Haha, very funny," she tried to think. "Although... It could be possible? It sounds weird, but I got a bunch of nightmares right before the whole situation with HYDRA."

"I hope that's not the case. I'm sick of HYDRA."

"Yeah, me too," though Bucky is definitely not the most affectionate, he pulled Eliza into a hug.

"I'm sure we'll be fine. Do you wanna take a break? You look tired."

"Yeah, a break sounds nice," Elizabeth pulled away after returning the hug. "I'm gonna go find Pietro."

     "Alright, you two love birds have fun," Bucky laughed as Eliza playfully punched his arm.

     Elizabeth strolled the halls when she felt a gust of wind pass her side.

     "Hello, Eliza," she turned around to find the familiar speedster.

     "Hey," she grabbed his hand as the two wandered aimlessly around the building.

     "I was wondering, did you want to go out for dinner tonight? Just the two of us?"

     "Sounds great," Pietro smiled at her response and planted a kiss on her forehead.

     "I cannot wait. But I must go for now. I need to talk with my sister."

     "Okay, see you soon," and with that, Pietro sped off.

———

Elizabeth smiled as she made her way towards Steve and Tony. They had been talking for a while, and she was growing curious. She peered her head through the door, and walked in when Tony waved her over.

"What's up?" Asked Eliza.

"Thanks to Natasha, we have an idea of which HYDRA base this new leader is at," Steve answered as he pointed at a map on the screen. It pinpointed a specific location which contained a HYDRA base, one of which Eliza was familiar with.

"Do we have any idea who this leader is?" Elizabeth asked.

"No clue," responded Steve. "But we found some conversations between this base and a few others. They hinted that the new leader is at this base."

"It was hella hard to find these conversations, too," Tony added. "Luckily Nats been practicing her hacking recently. I doubt we could have cracked this a few months ago."

"Yeah, HYDRA's definitely becoming a bigger threat than before," agreed Steve. "Look our for any spies, they could be anywhere."

"Will do, stay safe you two," Eliza smiled at her friends as she walked away.