Riptide

-Billy pov-

I was flying around town, seeing if I needed to do any hero work or take pictures with anyone. I flew past a ally way and saw someone getting beat up.

"Hey, stop right there!"

The people beating the guy us, ran down the ally way. I went to the guy and asked him if he was okay. He nodded and I helped him get up. He told me to go and get the guys, and nodded and a flew down the ally.

Only to see them knocked out, on the ground. With a red haired woman standing over them.

She looked up at me and froze. Then she smiled widely.

"OH MY GOD! YOUR RED CYCLONE!" She squealed.

I wince a little, and nod. "And who are you?" I ask.

She stops and takes a deep breath. "I uhhh, don't have a hero name yet." She said slowly.

"Why not Water Woman?" I ask as I lean against the ally way wall.

"Cause it's too similar to Wonder Woman." She simply said.

"Oh, true. So ummm, what are you doing here?" I ask.

She pointed down at the knocked out guys, and smiled. "I saw what they did, and I was gonna help the guy. But you kinda already had that situation handled. So I decided to handle this one!"

I nod slowly. "You were stealing my work really."

She frowns and shakes her head. "You may be a hero, but so am I. And I'm not trying to steal your thunder or anything. I just . . . wanna help." She said as she crossed her arms.

I suddenly feel guilt flooding in, and just as I'm about to apologize. She disappears in a cloud of blue. I look around the ally and fly up to try and catch her. But she's gone.

'Who is she?'

-Your pov-

I start coughing hard as I reach my room. I start making my way to my bathroom, and I slam the door open and run to the sink.

I cough harder and harder, and soon water flys out of my mouth. The curse of my powers.

The less I use it, the easier it is to breath. The more I use it. . . .well, let's just say it's not good.

But if I don't use my powers at all, they become out of control. Weird freak accidents involving water will occur around me. And sometimes, I control people.

Water makes up most of our bodies, and since I control water. I can also control people because of it.

Of course I choose not to do it! Cause it's just wrong! Everyone has a right to make their own choices. And I won't take that away from them just because I have the power to do so.

I guess I would only use it if it were absolutely necessary. Which hasn't happened yet, so I never use it.

I cough a little more, but thankfully no more water comes up. I wipe my mouth with a towel, and look in the mirror.

My red hair is all tangled, and everywhere. My suit is pretty much wrinkled beyond saving, but it always manages to get saved the next day. And my eyes have tears in them from coughing hard. My cheeks were also red.

"Hey Blueberry." Ash says.

I sigh, and walk out of my room to see him leaning against my door frame. I look at him with my arms crossed.

"What do you want Ash?" I ask.

He scoffs and crosses his arms too. "Just telling you that you need to clean everything. Mom and Dad are coming back, and I don't think that they would be happy knowing that you came out of your freak closet." He said.

I glare at him, and he smirks. He turns around and walks away. I sigh and walk to the door, shutting it after he left.

I turn around and lean back against the door. I slowly slide down the door, and whisper, "Release."

I feel my adult form slip away, and I'm left with the teenaged me. The real one.

Let me tell you a story, about how I, became a hero.

~Story Time!~

I was about five years old when I drowned. Me, my Mom, and my Dad were at the beach for our day of family fun. But I was running along the pier, when I slipped on a wet part.

I slid off of the pier, and into the water. I had heard Mom and Dad scream for me as I feel into the water.

The water was strangely warm, different to the other times I was in the water. But I was five, and I didn't know how to swim properly. And against strong tides, I couldn't stand a chance of surviving.

And I almost didn't. Until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I remember turning around, and finding a girl who looked just like me. Only difference was, that she had blue hair, while I had red.

She spoke to me with a clear voice, the water not blocking or deforming her voice.

"Say my name and I shall help you. Say Riptide. And we shall be saved."

I yelled her name in the water, but sadly took in water to my lungs. I remember that my vision went black, and that when I woke up I was in the hospital.

I thought the girl was a dream . . .  until I started controlling water. Mom and Das were terrified, but they still kept me. And when they told me to no use my powers, I accepted.

But then they started to work by themselves, not with me controlling them. And soon enough I had to use them almost everyday.

And then Ash was born. And he got all the attention of course. And I was fine with it. But then he always wanted to play with me, his big sister. So I had agreed. . . And I hurt him.

Mom and Dad started working more, meaning I was left alone with Ash and a babysitter. I could tell they were scared of me, and I could tell that they were disgusted to call me their daughter.

But I can't help it. They are my powers, and if they don't accept it.

Well fuck them.

《We got a rebel on our hands! Call the police!

Hope you liked this chapter, and sorry it came out later than usual. And look at what I found!

Asher Angel sings! I didn't know this! Did anyone else know!?!?

Welp, I'll try and update tomorrow. No promises.

Later ya players.
-Astrid》