CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

Sol had decided she didn't like porgs. She thought they were cute at first, with their large eyes and small forms, but during her time at the island, they had become a nuisance. They had become entirely too loud and far too pesky for the young jedi. Sol glared at one as she followed Rey and Luke up to the tallest point on the island. The porg's eyes widened before letting out a squawk and waddling away.

"Don't antagonize the porgs, Sol," Luke said from ahead of her. Rey looked back and Sol quickly looked away from the small creature.

"I am doing no such thing." She denied.

Rey smiled as Sol caught up with them. The journey was merciless. The stairs becoming ever more challenging as their muscles became increasingly sore. Sol took her time as she walked up the staircase, taking in everything. The island was so serene and peaceful. There was no turmoil, no pain, or chaos. No Sith lords, or Jedi Council. Just the sea breeze the smell of life surrounded her. She knew once she had finished, she knew she would have to slip back into the reality of never-ending war. A war between light and dark and life and death. She knew she would have to pick a side or be ripped in half trying to. Sol pushed those thoughts away and focused on the task at hand. Turning back towards Rey, Sol noticed she was looking at something in the distance. Frowning, she turned to see what her newfound friend was looking at. A patch of fog eerily enveloped a lower part of the island. Sol's eyes zeroed in at the sight then looked back at the scavenger. The young woman seemed intensely focused on it.

"Rey, what is it?" She asked softly hoping not to spook the young girl. Rey turned towards her, without a warning, she grabbed Sol's arm and pulled her towards the foggy patch. Together they made their way to the lower part of the island, allowing themselves to be swallowed by the fog. Once close enough, Sol was able to see more clearly at the sight in front of them. The truck of a strangely distorted tree law in the center of the fog.

"This is it," Rey said in a hushed tone from beside Sol. Being brave, Sol walked closer. It looked ordinary in the most unordinary way. There was a cutout in the tree that could have been made for a door like entrance. Cautiously Sol entered the tree. Compared to the outside there was quite a bit of room on the interior, allowing easily for three to four people to stand comfortably. Sol could hear Rey walk in behind her as she scanned her surroundings. Sol who was still looking around caught sight of a small shelf that was an illuminated by the sun's rays that filtered in through a hole in the top of the tree. Upon the shelf sat a few books. There were five or six of them, all leatherbound and colored by age, dust had begun to collect on the tops of the pages, and dirt smudged in the bindings.

"Rey look." She said moving towards the shelf reaching for one of the books. Rey's attention was pulled over to her traveling companion.

"I know this place," Rey fondly, looking around again.