CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The glittering waters of Ach-To came into sight, as the light freighter came speeding through the clouds. The restless pilot fidgeted, flipping switches and changing controls on the ship. Taking a risky chance, Sol found a ledge on the main Island of Luke's ship, the old stone huts coming into view. The landing was not one Sol was proud of but it was a landing nonetheless. Turning the ship off, Sol raced to the exit, running down the ramp and onto the rocky soil of one of Luke's Island. Sea breeze whipped her hair into her eyes, making them water. Using the back of her hand, Sol wiped away the tears. She turned towards the huts and began her ascent up the flight of stairs.

The climb to the top seemed faster than usual but they could have been blamed for the blood pounding in Sol's ears. Time, she was running out of time. Panting, she jogged over to the old master's hut. She knocked. There was no response and panic clawed at Sol's heart.

"Luke?" She called. Nothing but the sound of the waves against the rocky cliffs. Sol forced the door open. It was empty. A bedroll was made, and all his belongings were neatly arranged. Something was wrong. Another just wrenching tug pulled at her, and Sol almost doubled over. Gripping her abdomen, she turned to the spike of rock towards the back of the Island. Sol remembered climbing the stairs with Rey and Luke.

Gritting her teeth, Sol pushed on, running towards the steep incline. He had to be there, he had to be. The climb up the side was agonizing, she was shaking with pain by the last stair. When Sol reached the entrance, she leaned against the wall. Her hair was plastered to her forehead from sweat, her eyes stung from the wind and sea spray, and her body ached with the ever-shifting force. Mustering up whatever strength she had left, the Jedi pushed off the wall. Through the opposite exit of the cavern, red and yellow sunlight streaked in, the sun starting its descent back behind the planet. Sol stumbled through the cavernous space, unknowingly wading through the small pool that held a stone memorial of light and dark. What should be one was now split.

With the sun shining in her eyes, Sol rounded the corner and stepped onto the platform from where she had felt Luke's presence earlier. It was the same spot where Sol had watched Rey find her connection with the force. Discovering the immense power, she held. But now the space was empty, and a new more forceful wrench twisted her gut. Sol cried out. A life was gone. Gripping the large stone to balance herself, Sol's eyes fell upon a bundle of cloth. Tears clouded her vision as she choked back a sob. Luke was gone. His cloak lay in a bundle on the stone. Sol let herself fall onto the rock, her fingers clutching her old master's cloak. He had sacrificed himself for them. Sol had felt the last push of energy. Now he was gone. She had no idea what state the resistance was in, and Ben was fading farther and farther from view.

Sol moved to the front of the rock and slumped down in front of it. The dying light of the two suns fell quickly. The world felt cold and clammy. Sol had never felt so alone, so secluded and hopeless. She needed to fix this. If the galaxy was ever to remain, Sol would now need to resurrect the dead and reunite the light and dark. Shakily standing, her lightsaber gripped in one hand, Luke's cloak in the other, Sol was ready to fight fate.

END OF BOOK ONE

AHH!! Thank you so much for reading! This was the last chapter of book one! I know it was short but It ended up wrapping up the way I wanted. I will have the first chapter for the sequel up in the next couple days so keep an eye out for that! Now for the Title reveal of the sequel! Book 2 will be called 'Deception' and it will follow Sol's journey through the events of The Rise of Skywalker (with some changes as I really don't like parts of it and those will be changed or altered). I hope you guys have liked this series and will continue onto the next book. I will see you guys there! -Nat