CHAPTER NINE

When Sol woke, she had tears in her eyes

When Sol woke, she had tears in her eyes. She stared up at the burning ceiling of the Supreme Leader's chambers. She coughed violently and attempted to roll over on her side. A scorching pain shot up her body and Sol was forced back onto her back. Looking down at her body she saw the bloody wound, blood drying on her tunic. Groaning she set her head back down and looked on each side. Gasping she saw a dark figure lying a couple of feet away. Hissing in pain, Sol sat up. She waited for a second adjusting to blistering pain before wobbly standing. Trying not to cry out in pain Sol hobbled over to a part of the red curtain that hadn't been burned and tore it off. She wrapped the fabric around her torso in hopes to slow the bleeding and stop any infection.

Once she had taken care of herself, Sol limped over to Kylo who was still lying unconscious. Once she had lowered herself by his side, she grabbed her saber for protection. Sol raised her hand to shake him awake but the door to the supreme leader's chamber doors opened. She turned and her eyes narrowed dangerously. General Hux walked in and examined the damage. When his eyes found the supreme leader on the ground split in half his eyes widened in horror. Sol's eyes met the General's and the ginger stumbled and pulled out his gun aiming it at her and the fallen warrior.

"Don't you dare." She hissed each word causing a spark of pain to course up her body. Hux noticed her bleeding and disheveled form. A gasp from Sol's side made her turn. Kylo had awoken and was sitting up. He turned to her and his form relaxed ever so slightly seeing that she was alive. Hurt but alive. Kylo stood quickly before extending a hand to Sol. The man hadn't even noticed the General yet.

"You're alive." He said running his thumb over her cheek. Sol nodded. She cleared her throat to get his attention and looked over Kylo's shoulder at Hux. Kylo turned to see what she was looking at. A scowl formed on his lips at the sight of the General.

"What happened." The General hissed through clenched teeth. Kylo stepped away from Sol and towards the window looking out at the fleeing resistance ships.

"The scavenger murdered Snoke." He replied monotonously.

"What happened to her?" Sol asked worried for Rey.

"She took Snoke's escape pod." The ginger General informed them.

"I know where she's going. Set a course for the resistance base. Let's finish this."

A disgusted look crossed General Hux's face. "Finish this? Who do you think you're talking to?"

Sol moved to lean against Kylo's side, barely able to keep herself up as her body was quickly beginning to give into her injuries.

"You presumed to command my army. Our Supreme Leader is dead!" Hux shouted. "We have no ruler!"

Kylo whipped around so fast, Sol almost fell. Fortunately, he kept a steady hand on her back to keep her upright. Hux's face contorted into a gruesome expression as Kylo blocked his windpipes with the force.

"The Supreme Leader is dead?" Kylo hissed challengingly. General Hux was forced to his knees.

"Long live the Supreme Leader." He choked out. Kylo growled in frustration and relinquished his hold. Hux fell to his hands, gasping and spluttering. Sol was starting to become lightheaded and dizzy due to blood loss. Kylo guided the two of them towards the door. Sparks showered down on them as the ship began to break down. Once outside of the room, they took the elevator down. Sol lapsed between consciousness and the awaiting darkness.

As they made it to the main floor, Sol could barely make out the bustling hallway. People cried out orders and the stomping of boots rang in her ears. She could hear Kylo calling for a medical team. A unit dressed in black made their way over with a stretcher. Kylo handed the barely conscious Sol over. She clung onto his sleeve, wanting to be by his side for a second longer. The medical team ripped her away and Sol fell into oblivion. 

This is a bit of a shorter chapter but I hope you guys enjoyed it! I am working on more of the chapters as I go. I will see you guys in the next chapter! - Nat