CHAPTER TWELVE

Preparations for war flashed around Sol so fast she could barely keep track of what was happening. Finn and Rose ran towards the back of the base accompanied by several other resistance fighters to find the land skimmers. General Leia had put Poe in charge of the ground assault and cannons. Around her, fighters called out orders and instructions, getting people in and out of the base. In the middle of it all, Sol stood motionless.

Going against her better judgment, Sol turned around. Her surroundings changed. This time when she saw Ben, they knew exactly where each other were. The sound from outside had muffled. It was just them, suspended in boundless time.

"What have you done?" Sol whispered, her voice echoing through their bond. The hurt in her voice felt like a stab to Ben's heart but pursed his lips.

"What must be done." Kylo Ren replied tensely.

"This won't bring balance, Ben," Sol said, shaking her head disappointedly.

Kylo's fists clenched at his sides.

"There can't be balance. There has to be a victor and I will win! I will bring a new order." He raised his voice.

"There has to be balance! I can't let you win this Ben. I can't."

Ren took a menacing step towards the Grey Jedi, but Sol refused to move.

"I will win, and I won't hesitate to take you down with the rest of them."

"I hope you see the light again Ben. Not only for my sake but for the sake of your mother too. She misses you, Ben, more than anything. Come back to us. Help us regain balance in the force."

"Don't bring my mother into this!" The supreme leader shouted.

"Sol!" Her name was shouted outside of the force bond and Sol turned to where the noise came from. Seeing nothing she turned back to Ben.

"You'll know where to find me." She told Ben before disconnecting herself from the bond, letting the anxious rush of the base seep back into her senses.

"Sol!" Poe called again. Sol turned to see him jogging up to her.

"What is it?" She asked gripping his arm, stopping the flighty pilot from tripping over his own feet.

"Leia requested that you join us on the front lines. We're gonna need your extra strength," he said practically slurring on his words with anxious energy.

Sol nodded. "Calm yourself, I'll be there in a moment."

Poe nodded, gulping, before moving onto other fighters, shouting instructions.

Sol pivoted and made her way back to Leia in the command room. She found the legendary General sitting with one of her officers. She looked up hopefully at the Jedi's approach.