LXXX

"ugh I don't like press day" I whined to Jesse

"I know babe but I think you're gonna like your interview" Jesse reassured me

"what am I doing again?" I asked him

"it's a soccer am teammates video, don't worry Smithy is really chill" he explained

"okay, I can take Nate though right?" I asked

"yeah the fans will probably wanna see Nate at some point in the video anyways" he chuckled

"okay wish me luck boys" I announced while putting Nate in his pram

"say hi to Smithy for me!" Jesse called after me

"will do babe" I shouted back

~~~~~

"hey" I said when I walked into the room

"Lucy hey!" Smithy exclaimed giving me a hug

"Jesse's got interviews as well so I've got Nate with me so I might need to hold him at some point during the video" I explained

"that's alright, I'm sure the viewers would love that anyway" he chuckled "right so we're just gonna talk about the boys in the England squad"

"sounds good to me" I smiled

"we're here at St George's Park to talk to Lucy Lingard about the England boys ahead of the Euro 2020 tournament" he said to the camera "so Lucy, you weren't actually meant to be here this time"

"no I wasn't, I'm meant to be on maternity leave but I love being in and around the England set up so much that I'm here not actually working but just helping out whenever"

"so it's safe to say that the England boys love you, before we start talking about them I just want to congratulate you and Jesse on the birth of your first son and maybe you could tell us the story behind their reactions"

"thank you, yeah the boys were pretty incredible the last international break I worked the boys gave me a big sending off where they all bought Nate football kits which I'll be sure to post lots of pictures of when he wears them. But there's also a wall in St George's where every player that gets a senior call up signs and they actually let me sign the wall as a thank you for what I do"

"who woulda thought they'd be such softies, anyway should we get on with it"

"I'm ready when you are"

"best bromance?"

"oh god they're all gonna kill me" I chuckled "you know what, I'm gonna go with an underrated one, Chilly and Madders"

"seriously? I thought you'd go for Jesse and Marcus"

"nah, Marcus is always stealing him from me" I joked

"best player?"

"that's so hard all the boys are incredible players who work so hard, but I guess I'll go with Raz"

"Sterling? he's really on fire at the moment isn't he"

"he just keeps getting better and better I swear"

"celeb planner?"

"I think we all know Jesse loves a celebration, but Declan doesn't score much so he loves a good celebration"

"what's your favourite of his?"

"oh my god do you remember that gun lean" I laughed

 "dressing room DJ?"

"it used to be Welbz but now it depends on the squad that's been called up, maybe Del"

"what kind of music's being played?"

"I mean if I've got the aux sometimes I'll try and get away with playing some high school musical because the boys won't admit it, but they proper sing along, but usually it's people like Drake and Dave" I giggled

"excess baggage?"

"Dele always has loads of bags because he packs a million pairs of trainers, but then he blames it on the fact that he always brings in food for the lads as well"

"fashion fail?"

"why don't you guess who I'm gonna say"

"Eric Dier"

"yep 100%, have you seen his slippers! even my grandad wouldn't wear them" I laughed "oh sorry Nate's crying I'll just hold him while we carry on"

"future gaffer?"

"does this little man count?" I joked pointing at Nate "nah I'd probably say Delphy to be fair"

"hard as nails?"

"I always play fight with the guys and stuff, but I'm always wary when it comes to Eric"

"hot stepper?"

"I have to give that to Jesse, but I used to be a dancer so I could sneak in there"

"so basically, Nate has to be a good dancer"

"well he already wiggles when I put music on, plus Jesse's brother's a dance coach as well" I chuckled

"worst dancer?"

"everyone always says Eric, but I think slabhead could take that crown"

"slabhead is Harry Maguire right?"

"oh yeah sorry, I forgot not everybody calls him that" I giggled

"most fines?"

"I don't fine the boys because I don't think it's necessary, but I'm always moaning at Phil and Jadon to not be late"

"social media king?"

"I think that one's gotta go to Jess as well, but we all love a good deleted Kyle Walker tweet"

"which one was your favourite?"

"oh I think it's gotta be the Liverpool tweet with the Maguire meme"

"the brains?"

"I'm not sure you know, I reckon maybe Jack Butland. To be fair none of them are extremely book smart, but their football intelligence is on another level"

"what about you?"

"Jesse always says I'm really smart but I've got no common sense, which I think is true because I was doing a maths degree" I chuckled

"really wow! what were your a-level results?"

"1 A*, 2 A's and a B" I smiled

"and finally, the joker?"

"oh it's gotta be Stonesy and Walks, you see them on social media joking around and I can tell you, they're like that all of the time"

"well thank you so much Lucy, is there anything else you wanna say?"

"nope, just that it's coming home" I winked