Agony is a Funny Word

No One POV
Areum was making her way back to her dorm when she heard a voice around the corner.

"You got me the boots and jewellery? Really? Thank you!" The voice said. The voice belonged to Jungkook, Areum discovered as she turned the corner, frowning at Iseul who was too busy gushing over the presents that Areum had bought for Kookie.

"Yes, I bought them! I know you like timberlands so I got them for you and there were some earrings that I really thought would suit you so-"

"Stop lying, Iseul," Areum interrupted. The older girl froze and turned around, before rolling her eyes.

"Why would I be lying? You're just jealous that you couldn't get your crush a present," Iseul smirked. Areum blinked. Crush? What crush? If anything the only crush she wanted to have was the ability to crush Jungkook but that was a tad bit too cruel.

"The only crush I had lasted about three months and that was a good three years ago. Why are you lying about giving Jungkook-ssi a present when you had Jimin to give," Areum replied indifferently. She honestly had nothing to hide, so why should she be awkward about it?

"Areum-ssi, if I am lying, where is your proof?" Iseul narrowed her eyes and placed her hands on her hips. She smirked when Areum shifted about, thinking the younger was uncomfortable.

"Here is my proof," Areum held her phone in front of Iseul and Jungkook. The screen showed a receipt, "I bought it with my own money and had the website deliver the receipt through email, so please stop lying. Clearly, you're the one jealous about not giving your crush a gift," Areum slew the girl like a swordsman slaying a dragon. Iseul huffed and pushed past her, but not before she glared at her.

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but he was cut off by Areum.

"I'm not mad, I just don't like it when people lie, especially when it's to take credit for something they didn't do. And I wouldn't have a crush on you even if you were the last person in the world. You're too selfish and awkward," She snapped and walked off. Jungkook blinked. He shook his head and scoffed before walking away. He'd make her have a crush on him. He'd play around with her for a bit.

Areum POV
I wasn't mad. Honestly. It was just as I had said it was. I hate it when people take credit for something they didn't do and lie. I hate it more than I hate Jungkook. But I did feel like a savage for shutting down Iseul like that. Once I had returned to my dorm, I retreated to my shared room, where Sora was already lying down.

"Sweety, what did he do this time?" She asked, clearly smirking.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny, Sora. It wasn't him, but Iseul. She's such a liar," I sighed and flopped onto my bed.

" Hey liar, hey liar, what do you think of living without me?!" Sora quoted from a song by one of her favourite bands.

"Sora!" I grumbled. She always does this to annoy me.

"But in all seriousness, she does have a lying complex. When I helped pay for that expensive brush set, she took all the credit. It was a shame Unnie gave the receipt to her for safe keeping... Just learn to survive," She sighed as she turned to face me.

"Yeah. I guess. How was the trip to the physician?" I asked her. Sora was a very unusual case. When she was younger, she had a minor spinal injury, and that meant that now she experienced a lot of pain and sleepless nights because of it. It was all healed up now, but doctors advised against indulging in a career that required a lot of movement. 

"I'm fine," She replied quickly. Suspicious. "Dancing is my dream and even if I'm in pain, I'm happy. That's what's important to me," And I let her off. She'll tell me when she's ready.

"Alright. Good night, Soso," I shut off the lamp beside me and closed my eyes. My sleep was uneasy and I kept waking up. Something was going to happen in the morning.

In The Morning
After we got ready, we went to see the manager as he called or a staff meeting. We all got a day off and I intended to spend it relaxing in a cat cafe. I love cats. I was the last one out and on the way, I saw the boys lining up waiting. I smiled at most of them before walking away. Jungkook grabbed my arm and dragged me away.

"What will you be doing today?" He asked.

"What's it to you?" I retorted, annoyed that he had roughly pulled myself away instead of asking me nicely.

"I' like to be with you for today," He smiled, taking a step closer.

"No," I said.

"Why not?" Jungkook.

"Because," Me.

"I need a reason!" Jungkook.

"If you stop interrupting me maybe I'll tell you!" Me.

"Why not. Explain and I won't interrupt you," Jungkook smirked.

My eyebrow twitched. He was up to something, "I don't want to be anywhere near you if the situation allows it and I hate you anyways. Don't think that just because of yesterday I want to be around you because I don't. Please leave me alone," I gave him the cold shoulder and began to leave when he began calling out from behind me.

"So what if I told you that I love you and that I think you're beautiful?" He ran up to me and stood in front of me. Really? Jungkook really likes me.

I smiled and looked down shyly, and mumbled my reply.

"I didn't get that, sorry," He said, lifting my head so our eyes met, smiling.

"I said, 'I know you're lying because for as long as you've known me, you've constantly called me ugly and told everyone to hate me. I know you're lying so stop trying to toy with me. You and I would never happen anyway because there is so much hate," And with that, I walked off, hoping he didn't see how glassy my eyes had become.