The Fluffy Brush Holder

Two Weeks Later

Areum POV

Things returned to normal soon enough. I started working at the company again and Iseul resigned from her position. My internship finished and I was offered a job immediately at BigHit. I couldn't be happier.

Sora, Sarang and I were currently at Sarang's restaurant. Sarang was the owner of the restaurant and she also took part in a series of cooking shows and has her own blog. I was currently helping out as a waitress while Sora was helping in the kitchen. We had half an hour left and we were trying to distract Sarang from the comments on social media. Ever since she started appearing in Bangtan's videos she's been getting excessive hate, especially from the Jin stans and anti-ARMYs.

"Unnie! The dishes are done!" Sora called out.

"Thank you! I'll just pack up the leftovers and we'll get going then!" Sarang replied.

"Sarang-unnie, I've finished signing out the cash registers and other staff. I'll just throw out the trash now," I told her as I made my way to the back door with a couple of bags in my hand.

"There we go!" I dusted my hands once I closed the bin lid. I went back inside, washed my hands and took out my phone. Me and Sora took it in turns to scroll through our social media and see if Sarang is tagged with anything negative. As I was scrolling down, I noticed something odd. Kookie's personal account wasn't updated like it normally was. I frowned but shrugged it off; He has been really occupied recently.

I called jungkook as soon as I returned to the employee dorm. It went straight to voicemail. I sighed and got ready for bed. Tomorrow they guys had a fan sign and I had to be up early.

"Kookie-ah!" I smiled when he sat down in his chair.

"Oh, Areum. Hello. Where's Noona?" He asked, not looking at me.

"She's working on Taehyung-ssi right now," I replied, less enthusiastically. What was wrong with him? He hasn't been answering my calls or texts, he's been ignoring me when I come across him during work, and now this? I looked at the floor, my bangs falling in front of my face. "Jungkook, are you mad at me?" I mumbled.

"Why on earth would I be mad at you?" He replied.

"I don't know, it's why I'm asking".

"Well, I'm not. And anyway, you can just run off to Jaehyung and cry in his arms if I was".

"What?" I was shocked. Why would he say that?

"Don't play dumb. I saw you two on the day of your hearing," He scoffed.

"Jungkook, nothing happened. He's my friend, older brother at the closest, and nothing more!"

"Didn't seem like that to me."

"Jungkook. I think of Jae as a friend and nothing else. You're the one I like - the one I used to like. Now, I don't think I can love you anymore. I can't love a person who doesn't trust me," I got up and left the room.

Jungkook POV

She left. She said she doesn't like me anymore. She's not mine anymore. I'm such a fool.

I stood up and ran after her. I saw her turn the corner and out the door, walking across the street. Why was this so familiar? "Areum!" I yelled, hoping she'd stop. She did.

"Areum, wait. I'm sorry," I exclaimed.

"For what?" She mumbled. I shuffled closer to her and noticed her tears.

"For making you cry. I'm sorry. I should have told you what I saw that day and I should have trusted you," I wiped her tears and wrapped an arm around her. "I'm sorry Areum-ah, for not trying to find a better way to protect you against those bullies when we were younger, for not saving you from Yesung before she became extreme, for not being a good friend,"

She muttered a reply but I didn't hear her.

"What was that?" She looked up at me with glassy eyes.

"It's fine. But you'll only be forgiven when you get me that new brush set," She pushed me away and started walking back into the building. Before she entered, she turned around and blew me a kiss. I laughed. I was forgiven, but I really would have to buy her that set... She is the fluffy brush holder after all... She's my fluffy brush holder.