Itsy-bitsy spder: Go to work!

The white spider-girl, the one with a hoodie, shook him and said, "Wake up! Tony Stark wants to speak to you!"

Then she removed her hoodie and she sure looked a lot like...May?

He woke up with a sudden jolt, almost hitting his Aunt with his forehead in the process."Peter! Are you alright?"

He realized he had returned from his wondrous land of strange dreams, he also realized that staring at him was his Aunt's startled form and broke into an incoherent string of apologetic strutter.

"Aunt May! Good heavens, I'm really sorry about that It's just- I have been- There was this- I could've..." He sighed.

It had been a month since May found out about his... extracurricular activities and as supportive as she had been trying to be (after the initial shock and rage), he understood that the topic was nothing more than a subject for uncomfortable silent debate.

Many a time he would wake up in cold sweats, the screams of those who spider-man couldn't save forever etched in his brain. May would just sit there beside him and gently play with his hair till he calmed down.

Although...he didn't think that he had a nightmare...more like a weird dream where he traveled to an alternate universe where he met other spider-people, a dead spiderman, a broke hobo spiderman, a Brooklyn spiderman, a pig spiderman...

"You were screaming "Spider! Me too!" in your sleep, then something about colliding and pins?" she gave him a concerned look.

Oh, well that explained why she thought he was having a bad dream...but he did hate himself for slightly worrying the woman, she already had a lot on her plate.

But it wouldn't be an issue, he would just tell her about his odd dream.What was it again?

"Uhh...well, I had a dream where I went to Las Vegas and I was playing pinball with people dressed as Spiderman for comic-con?" He scratched his head in confusion. Why did that come out like a question? He hated lying to May but in his defence he doesn't remember his dream.

May broke into peals of laughter, and the more he pictured the scene in his head, he too found it funny and so joined May in an early morning laugh-fest.

That did feel better.

May calmed herself down and wiped off some tears, "Anyway, that's not what I came to talk to you about. Get outta bed spider-boy, you need to get to work."

He raised his eyebrows, "But you never let me patrol on Saturday mornings."

He stepped out of bed, switched the water heater on and took out some clothes to wear. "May have you seen my towel?"

"Oh no sweetie, I never will let you go endanger yourself first thing in the morning. Which is why I usually wake you up in the afternoon. Oh, your towel is hanging outside, besides, your 'boss' called. He needs you to help him with some project." She said, giving him a wink.

Boss? Spiderman didn't...

Oh.

Oh.

"Mr. Stark called! Do I need to go on another mission?! Should I pack?"

May sighed. "No Peter, like a real project. None of the pseudo interning stuff you two made up to get around my back."

He still felt guilty that May considered Mr.Stark an accomplice in his fighting crime.

"Happy will be here at ten, 'Kay? I gotta go to work, emergency day. I larb you!" She picked her handbag and left with a sweet smile.

"I love you to May!" He called after her.Project? What could Peter Parker Possibly help Tony Stark with?